Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali wrap

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
A Big shout out to nick in the cali club shop for sending me my Cali wrap in double quick time I was going to test it out this weekend but had to change my plans. I have fitted it and taken a few pic’s in my drive first impressions are it looks very well made can’t wait to sleep up top with it on. I chose the black but I think they will be available in other colours, red, blue,maroon,yellow,green,black,mid grey,light grey and purple

20190418_130940.jpg

20190418_130930.jpg

20190418_130920.jpg

20190418_130915.jpg

20190418_130910.jpg

20190418_124947.jpg

20190418_124622.jpg

20190418_124600.jpg

20190418_123248.jpg

I presume you have to take it off before you drop the roof ?

Confused , a wrap to me is a film on the bodywork ....no ?

This is canvasprotection , alternative to a rooftopper.

Hmm, this seems more hassle to put on and off and store it inside the van.
My roof cover is put on and off in no time and stored as a medium package.
It also lets air flow between the cover and the canvas of the roof.

Hmm, this seems more hassle to put on and off and store it inside the van.
My roof cover is put on and off in no time and stored as a medium package.
It also lets air flow between the cover and the canvas of the roof.
Yes but this is thermal for us here in the uk

This product will be a godsend in winter a good thermal cover keeping you nice and cosy :thumb

For thermal I would use an internal insulation. That can stay on when you close the roof. The external especially for rain and wind.

Yes I know if you're on about the brand up one I've had one of those previously as they do work to an extent but not effectively as this would as I found out to my cost but as with anything Cali related it's down to the individual.

I’m not on Facebook my friend
Me neither ....it's not a facebook link but on the forum ;)
You clearly did not look or dare to click the link....

Interesting. I would like to see a red one if possible
Just one question. Do you have the red tent?
I have seen red tents, but how does it look with the sun coming through? My "old" canvas blocks a great deal of the sunlight, and I am glad for that. The new grey and red ones seem to be as shine through as can be. Just the blue ones seem to block the sunlight.

I have seen red tents, but how does it look with the sun coming through? My "old" canvas blocks a great deal of the sunlight, and I am glad for that. The new grey and red ones seem to be as shine through as can be. Just the blue ones seem to block the sunlight.
I had the original T5 , the new blue and the new grey canvas ....all in a few weeks :oops:
The dark new blue was ....dark
The new grey that's on now is quite ok and let more light in then the original T5 canvas , but overall it don't bother us...
There are plenty red two-tones on the forum .

when the sun shins up there, it might as well have windows all the way around, it is like a red beacon and is as bright as the sun

From the outside it is marvellous on a white/red California, but I think I would just tear that tent out and get another one :talktothehand.

But that is just me.

From the outside it is marvellous on a white/red California, but I think I would just tear that tent out and get another one :talktothehand.

But that is just me.
Agree. It is one of its downsides. The topper helps. Also helps keep the sound out.

Yes, but with the topper you lose the view from outside.

Hi, I’ve got both the Rainbow screens one and a Cali Topper. At 5ft 7 inches and 5ft 4 inches my wife and I find Rainbow screen a real faff to fit even with a small stepladder whereas Cali Topper is a doddle with roof raised 12 inches at front without steps. We can fit this in 5 minutes. Rainbow screen is more insulated but causes condensation. Cali Topper gives good airflow so never experienced condensation. Cali Topper fits in tailgate with chair, Rainbow screen takes up much more room in boot/ parcel shelf. It does offer better insulation in extreme cold but because it’s fiddly your hands get very cold when putting up/ taking down. Cali Topper is not as warm and does flap more in very strong winds but definitely helps retain heat albeit less than Rainbow Screen. We’ve used both in very similar conditions and for us, Cali Topper is our ‘go to’ Bellows Protection.

The decision is of course a very personal one but either we just haven’t got technique right for fitting Rainbow Screen or being vertically challenged is the key problem.

Back