Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali window bags?

Debbie Rogers

Debbie Rogers

WhitePearl
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi Cali fans, has anyone got experience of both the Vanessa window bags, and the California-camping.de window bags?? There is a £100 difference between them, which is a great saving, but if the quality is very different between them, is the saving actually worth it? Cheers muchly for any info.

http://www.california-camping.de/t5...ifornia-beach-das-cali-beach-bag-classic.html

https://+++++++++++++++++++++++/pro...ags-for-the-rear-windows-vw-california-beach/

Hi Cali fans, has anyone got experience of both the Vanessa window bags, and the California-camping.de window bags?? There is a £100 difference between them, which is a great saving, but if the quality is very different between them, is the saving actually worth it?
As far as I know California-camping.de are the inventors of the window bags. We've had them in our Beach for 3 years and they were wonderful (I sold them when I switched to a Coast).
At one point Vanessa took over these bags, so the ones they sell now are identical to the originals from California-camping.de.
In the meantime California-camping.de created a new model, with individual pockets, each attached with velcro to the main back board, so you can take the pockets off without removing the supporting back board. Their new system also allows for the installation of a single window bag for the Coast/Ocean.
Window bags are now becoming trendy. Here's a newcomer: http://www.thaissl.fr/en/boutique/campervan-accessories/pocket-rear-window/
I don't think there's a lot of quality difference, so price may be a deciding factor. Whichever model you choose you won't regret it!

As far as I know California-camping.de are the inventors of the window bags. We've had them in our Beach for 3 years and they were wonderful (I sold them when I switched to a Coast).
At one point Vanessa took over these bags, so the ones they sell now are identical to the originals from California-camping.de.
In the meantime California-camping.de created a new model, with individual pockets, each attached with velcro to the main back board, so you can take the pockets off without removing the supporting back board. Their new system also allows for the installation of a single window bag for the Coast/Ocean.
Window bags are now becoming trendy. Here's a newcomer: http://www.thaissl.fr/en/boutique/campervan-accessories/pocket-rear-window/
I don't think there's a lot of quality difference, so price may be a deciding factor. Whichever model you choose you won't regret it!

I haven’t heard of these guys before, but like the indoor shower!

:thanks
Hi Romke. Awesome reply. Thank you. :thanks
The other distributor you posted looks good too. I like the reflective foil on the back panel, clever idea. Will message them, as I can't see a carry handle on top which makes for easy transportation. Au revoir

:thanks
Hi Romke. Awesome reply. Thank you. :thanks
The other distributor you posted looks good too. I like the reflective foil on the back panel, clever idea. Will message them, as I can't see a carry handle on top which makes for easy transportation. Au revoir
If you look at their French language page you'll see a little video that shows how easy they are to mount.

I haven’t heard of these guys before, but like the indoor shower!
I like the shower too, although I’m trying to work out how you would empty/drain it out

Hey guys, reviving this thread :)
Does anyone have any experience with the window bags from Qubiq? They look similiar quality (Vaude-made) but a bit fine-tuned version of the Vanessa bags.

Hey guys, reviving this thread :)
Does anyone have any experience with the window bags from Qubiq? They look similiar quality (Vaude-made) but a bit fine-tuned version of the Vanessa bags.

This one looks better than the others. Thanks for posting...even if no one else came back to you. It doesn't look like they send to the UK but I'm waiting on a response from them. Did you purchase?

Hi @Kryspinski, I have a couple of questions:

Does the 3 seat bench interfere with the bags if it's moved back while in seat position?
Does the comfort mattress interfere with the bags if it is stored on top of the multiflex board?

Hey, it‘s very tight...

A9ADB128-9E8E-4B2E-94E6-61B9C7A2ACCE.jpeg

23ACD7EB-6F44-46A2-91AF-B2B5017D44D7.jpeg

6EBE0CCF-989D-418C-8DB0-6DB24A3BEA24.jpeg

Just a couple of observations about the way you have the comfort mattress folded:
1) You have four layers. I have your bottom two layers spread out into one layer, so it looks like there would be no contact with the window bag (take your second layer and fold it in half so it is the same thickness as the bottom layer and place them together on the bottom).
2) Your top two layers, if folded out the way you have them, would have the hard side (contour adapting side) up and the soft side (sleeping) down. I have mine turned around 180 degrees so that when folded out, the soft side (sleeping) is face up.

Just a couple of observations about the way you have the comfort mattress folded:
1) You have four layers. I have your bottom two layers spread out into one layer, so it looks like there would be no contact with the window bag (take your second layer and fold it in half so it is the same thickness as the bottom layer and place them together on the bottom).
2) Your top two layers, if folded out the way you have them, would have the hard side (contour adapting side) up and the soft side (sleeping) down. I have mine turned around 180 degrees so that when folded out, the soft side (sleeping) is face up.

Maaaan are you telling me I have the mattress zipped and folded wrong the whole time? :)
I did buy the Cali just in October and unzipped all theparts when getting it cleaned. (I could have zipped it back up wrong) I checked out some videos now and they appear to have it zipped together and folded the same way I do. I also seem to have the soft part correct when unfolded.

Here's mine: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uw77xnvqyfzwjt7/img_4976.mov?dl=0

There seem to be a zillion different ways to fold these, and I now think mine does have four layers when folded. I followed the photos in the owner's manual, but this way involves no zipping. I'll try it, as soon as I can get to my van, which is in a garage a mile away, and I don't think the police will agree that this is a valid motive for being outside!

Another version of the window bags for the California and multivan.

Personally not seen a rucksack type version before
HERE

Reimo also has them now. At €87.64 they look like a good bargain. More here.
919169.jpg

Reimo also has them now. At €87.64 they look like a bargain
Interestingly UK not listed in delivery options and shipping to France/Italy/Austrian region is €65. A bargain if you can collect from Bochum.

Slight thread resurrection, but noticed the Reimo window bag (mentioned above but with no UK delivery option) on Amazon from a 3rd party seller that does ship to the UK. £22.50 for delivery is a bit pricey, but still seems cheap compared to the Vanessa or California-camping alternative. Does anyone have one, that would care to share experiences? Says T5 / T6. Any changes to the T6.1 window that might prevent it being used?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085L7379X/?tag=eliteelect-21
Van on order - so I'm just 'window' shopping! :Iamsorry I'll get my coat!

Slight thread resurrection, but noticed the Reimo window bag (mentioned above but with no UK delivery option) on Amazon from a 3rd party seller that does ship to the UK. £22.50 for delivery is a bit pricey, but still seems cheap compared to the Vanessa or California-camping alternative. Does anyone have one, that would care to share experiences? Says T5 / T6. Any changes to the T6.1 window that might prevent it being used?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085L7379X/?tag=eliteelect-21
Van on order - so I'm just 'window' shopping! :Iamsorry I'll get my coat!
When I posted this last week, there were 12 in stock - now all gone. I'm guessing a few must have been forum members. Be interested to read a review if anyone here pulled the trigger on one.

Has anyone got any experience with the California Camping “modular” window bags? I’ve been looking at these for my 3-seat Beach, but wondered if they looked less structurally sound than the “classic” or VanEssa ones.
(also concerned I’ll get stung for additional customs clearance charges now!!!)

Is there a similar srorage solution like the vanessa window bags for a california ocean??