Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali trip to Northumberland - campsites??

larrylamb

larrylamb

Cali owner.
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi everyone, hiring a Cali for the first time in a few weeks to try one out with perhaps a view to buy. Going to visit Northumberland, Alnwick , Bamburgh Castle etc and would like any recommendations for campsites bearing in mind we are Cali virgins! Any tips welcome. Thanks. :help

The camping and caravan club site 'Dunstan Hill' at Dunstan is nice. It's only a mile from Embleton Bay. It's a nice walk up to Seahouses etc and there is a bus from the gate that'll take you to Alnwick.

I have used beadnell bay a couple of times (in fact we are there in July). It has great beach access and well located for seahouses, bamburgh and low Newton by the sea (quaint little fishing village, with a cracking little pub - the ship inn)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys, booked in at Beadnell bay 22 July for 3 nights ( pretty booked up) Nova30 are you there then?? Looking forward to testing a cali although roof problems seem a big disappointment on such a premium product.
:thanks

Yes, we are there for two nights from the 21st. We are also hiring and beadnall is the last leg of a mini tour so hopefully we will not be complete novices by then. Hopefully we'll see you there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's an excellent wild camp spot at Bamburgh.
Take the lane that leads north out of the village and there are a couple of spots up there.
Right on the beach with views of the castle.

Back