Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali or an F type

By the time your Cali arrives, JLR might be out of business. :). So you probably made the right choice.
All down to the response of this forum - I was guenuinely in tw minds but the fantastic members of this forum provided such a balanced view in the end it want really a choice.
Now just going stir crazy waiting for my Cali to arrive :cool:

Just to update this thread
Picking up Cali this Saturday
Can’t believe that a journey that started two years ago with me lurking on this forum will end a new chapter of Cali ownership begin.

Really appreciated all the help and positive comments - I’ll post pictures this weekend :cheers:thanks

Just to update this thread
Picking up Cali this Saturday
Can’t believe that a journey that started two years ago with me lurking on this forum will end a new chapter of Cali ownership begin.

Really appreciated all the help and positive comments - I’ll post pictures this weekend :cheers:thanks
Congrats gvick, time flies, don’t forget to post a photo of the new arrival. :bananadance2:cheers:thumb:pinkbanana

Just read this thread for the first time. What an excellent thread. Actually a surprisingly balanced and useful response to your question! haha. I certainly think you've made the right decision. (Mine's ordered and should arrive by the end of July - can't wait). I've had a number of sexy, blingy cars and bikes in my life, but the vans I've had have just made me smile for soooooo much longer. The good feeling, that ever trip is a road trip, just never seems to wear off. I just love sitting up high and driving a van. The fact you can do so much with a california means that pleasure will never wear off.

Good luck with the new van in any case. I hope your Scotland trip is wonderful and not too midgey.

You have certainly made the right decision there you are going to have so many memories and good times enjoy :thumb

Gvick, I know some one who is going to bed late tonight and getting up early tomorrow!

Exciting 24hours ahead.

Take the time you need to check everything is as it should be before driving away from the dealer, don’t be rushed during the hand over and make sure you get a demo of everything and understand, rather than just being shown by the dealer.
Get a copy of any extended warranty, service plan etc, they have a habit of not making it onto VW computer system and cannot be found after the event!

The hand over check list is useful point of reference in the heat of the moment.

Tip: make sure one set of keys has the black serial number tag attached in case you need keys cut in future.

Ask what service interval the van has been set to and get them to check the setting is as you want it. I think Variable is standard factory setting in U.K.

Enjoy tomorrow, your face will be hurting by the end of the day ! :happy:bananadance2

:upsidedown:bananadance2:pinkbanana:cheers:Stig:bananadance2:bananadance2:upsidedown:bananadance2

Don’t forget the photo :thumb

Gvick, I know some one who is going to bed late tonight and getting up early tomorrow!

Exciting 24hours ahead.

Take the time you need to check everything is as it should be before driving away from the dealer, don’t be rushed during the hand over and make sure you get a demo of everything and understand, rather than just being shown by the dealer.
Get a copy of any extended warranty, service plan etc, they have a habit of not making it onto VW computer system and cannot be found after the event!

The hand over check list is useful point of reference in the heat of the moment.

Tip: make sure one set of keys has the black serial number tag attached in case you need keys cut in future.

Ask what service interval the van has been set to and get them to check the setting is as you want it. I think Variable is standard factory setting in U.K.

Enjoy tomorrow, your face will be hurting by the end of the day ! :happy:bananadance2

:upsidedown:bananadance2:pinkbanana:cheers:Stig:bananadance2:bananadance2:upsidedown:bananadance2

Don’t forget the photo :thumb
Thanks @Perfectos really excited for tomorrow :pinkbanana

Massive thank you to everyone for all your help and advice.

Picked up “Polly” (after my Nan) today and very happy.
Spilt water in footwell doooh.
Best feature so far apple car play. Love van reading out texts :):)
Not got a worst or anything annoying- just take corners slow :thumb

6F697878-EA44-4574-B6AC-B5E1872D8231.jpeg

943F9C38-C6B9-4BDC-AA3A-AAC1A00B361B.jpeg

7EE35292-FE08-432A-AE13-AED696155F6F.jpeg

Wow she is Gorgeous! You need to change your status now ;)

Congrats dude, nice looking Cali.
I love that colour combo
The eagle has landed.
Enjoy :bananadance2

Congrats! :thumb

What do the guys on the F Type forum think of it? ;)

Congrats! :thumb

What do the guys on the F Type forum think of it? ;)
Haven’t been on the F type forum since I made my decline end Jan - don’t look back and all that.
In the end Mrs Vick preferred the Cali (we can take dog, ferry daughter to uni etc).

One more numpty mistake I made -I only but the club sticker on inside rather than outside......need new sticker :)

Massive thank you to everyone for all your help and advice.

Picked up “Polly” (after my Nan) today and very happy.
Spilt water in footwell doooh.
Best feature so far apple car play. Love van reading out texts

Back