Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Ocean on order

:welcome

There's a wealth of knowledge in the forum for you to look through whilst you wait on delivery.

What colour/ options have you ordered?

Another one swapping after many years with a motorhome
Oh it will be interesting to hear your opinions comparing the two Stephen, we're just jumping straight to the Cali ourselves.

Oh it will be interesting to hear your opinions comparing the two Stephen, we're just jumping straight to the Cali ourselves.

Hi Jenny

I had a Hymer Moho for three years and Burstner Moho for 17 years (both 7M+) which were great fun but the Burstner became a bit of a lump to drive around after my wife died six years ago. The main advantage of these Mohos was space. My main reason for changing is to have a vehicle I can use as a car as well as a camper.

The Cali is due to be delivered in April so I cannot make a direct comparison yet. My initial thoughts are that it will mean that I will carry less (unnecessary) clothes and less (emergency) food. However I shall miss the bathroom, shower and hot water (on tap) from the Moho. As I no longer need the added space a Moho provides think everything else can be duplicated now I have only myself to cater for. In my view - once MIRO is taken into account when calculating payload - most Mohos in the 3500kg-3850kg are two (adult) hello did you have a good rockhello did you have a good rock where where you you hi hi are you are you RT RT you are you are yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah a you a you you're well today you're well today what what how are all how are all hello hello here are here are there are there are are are all all yeah yeah yare yare oh no oh no right right add add are you gay are you gayberth vehicles.

The real advantages for me are that the Cali saves the expense of an additional vehicle, more opportunities for wild camping, I will no longer be tied to the campsite and adjacent cycle tracks, flexibility because as I now live near the beach it can double as a beach hut much more conveniently than the Moho and the opportunity to join this very cost effective and useful club and forum.

I couldnt fathom that out but assume not!
Exciting times ahead Stephen, we had a beach hut many years ago & am looking forward to my mobile beach hut too!!

Welcome to the forum.
It will be interesting to hear your comparisons on living with both. Always helpful to those caught in the, "shall we jump or not position".

We too have a Cali Ocean on order and will be interested to hear your thoughts... we had a motorhome years ago but moved onto an Eriba caravan (which we still have and are keeping). I think we kind of know the positives and negatives of both but are looking to do more overseas travel (2022?) and as I won’t tow the caravan (wimp) my partner and I can share the driving more equally once we get the Cali and eat up more miles every day.

Was the bit in the middle supposed to be there????

Not from the word "hello" in the middle paragraph!!!!

I was using voice recognition typing. No idrea where it came from. Looks like part of a telephone call but certainly not one I made.

Although it does not affect me there was one thing I forgot to say when comparing a large Moho/caravan to the cali.

It is important now for the younger folk. My son's wife cannot drive a Moho in excess of 3500kg (or tow a caravan) without a further test but she can drive her dad's VW camper.

Hope this gets through without any additions