Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Interor LED Light Replacemant

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
We've just been away for our first trip of the year and were slightly annoyed to find one of the LED interior lights is not working. Anyone else had this happen and is it a DIY replacement or Dealer only?
We're coming up to the 2 year service soon so still under warranty and I'm tempted to let our Dealer sort it for me at the service point.

Do not know should be simple but Iam sure bulbs are not cover under warranty

I would not expect a bulb to be covered - I'm wondering if the LED is different as there is no guidance in the Owner Manual in this respect so any advice would be much appreciated.

LED's are not a consumable part, these will only fail if they are faulty or have been damaged.

So I would seek advise from dealer

Thanks for the advice. Roughly what I suspected given the lack of info in the manual.
Service is due soon so I'll leave it until then.

might be cheaper to take out led lamp and look on internet for replacement, could also be cheaper than vw prices

john

redredzimmer said:
LED's are not a consumable part, these will only fail if they are faulty or have been damaged.

That would be my understanding too. So if in warranty should be replaced.

We looked at stocking these in the club shop but from memory I think they turned out to be hard wired in the facelift. Please correct me if I am wrong?

Back