Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Booked in

Well the Cali is back and I am a little poorer looking at the paperwork the recall was 06G7 and it looks like a page is missing in the infotainment handbook. However all my connect services were disconnected so something els happened...not on the paperwork..

The recall on our van was 23DV. Didn’t bother with it until l know it’s not going to reduce fuel consumption like suggested on some sites.Also so it won’t wipe my remapping.

So the update is this The Cali feels much more lively and lighter to drive, it is now very easy to achieve 30+ Mpg around town and doing some half-hour motorway is drives its up to 40 ish. I assume on a longer drive I will get around 45/46 MPG...now take this all with a pinch of salt as it may just be me or having now put some miles on the van the engine freeing up..

As a further update to this ongoing saga the garage that sold it seem to not want to talk or communicate now. I have emailed and called with no reply's...it's looking like a small claims court issue now. has anyone done this before

As a further update to this ongoing saga the garage that sold it seem to not want to talk or communicate now. I have emailed and called with no reply's...it's looking like a small claims court issue now. has anyone done this before
Did you ask the supplying garage to fix it? You have to give them the chance before going elsewhere. If you didn't you will struggle to get a penny back.

If you did ask him and you have proof that he declined to fix it, then the cost should be recoverable.

Send him a polite letter by recorded delivery enclosing a copy of the invoice giving them 7 days to pay.

You cant go to small claims court if you haven't actually asked him to pay........

So as an Update John Keeble Cars who sold the van to me has made a payment to me to cover some of my costs after visiting VW.
So all good I did send them a recorded letter but do consider them to be a good, honest car sales team.

The bottom line is I am happy

Back