Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali arrival is imminent - time to introduce myself properly.........

DM

DM

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
After many months of roaming the forum the imminent arrival of my very own Cali has prompted me to get around to introducing myself properly. I've also gotten around to changing my username (formerly dmailer) and eventually uploading an avatar.

The last six months have been a roller coaster of emotion building steadily to the current state of excitement as we count the last few days until we can take our new toy home. It all started with a spur of the moment to rent a Cali for a frantic 2,000 mile dash to Austria to deliver my daughter to Uni. We were smitten on this first trip, and then followed a trip to the NEC Caravan and Motorhome show, settling upon a Cali rather than a coach-build, agonising over options, choosing the colour, signing on the dotted line, changing the colour, waiting, more waiting, changing half the options, waiting, researching accessories and insurance, waiting, getting a confirmed build date (several weeks earlier than the dealers pesimistic - but realistic - six months) - hooray, waiting, researching gap insurance, service plans, extended warranties and finance, waiting, panic over swivelgate, waiting, hearing that it's built, more waiting (another 4 weeks) and at last - today - receiving a picture form the dealer confirming that she has arrived in Leicester.

Here she is: :bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance

img_2750-1-jpg.12406

No name yet - we'll have to see what feels right.

I'm still not personally convinced by the colour - I was over-ruled by the ladies of the house. But hey - I got to choose everything else. ;)

She is a 204 Ocean DSG in Acapulco Blue with various options including ACC, front brake assist, side-scan, privacy glass, audio upgrade, car play, parking sensors, removable tow bar, lights and vision pack , Alcantara, parking sensors and camara, fifth seat and a few other bits and pieces.

We can't wait to get her home and learn how everything works. Then we will have a few days away over easter followed by the Tewksbury meet. And before we know it it'll be the return trip to Austria to collect my daughter (a bit more leisurely this time hopefully).

A huge thanks :thumb must go to the members of this forum. I don't think we would have got to where we have without the guidance and support to my endless questions and queries about specs and insurance and delivery times and....... and ......... Time and time again the forum came up trumps and was way ahead of the dealer in terms of option knowledge and special deals (e.g. £750 deposit contribution for finance). Hopefully I can repay by posting our experiences to assist others but I'm sure my questions will come thick and fast first when we are trying to sus out how things work!

I hope to meet some of you in Tewksbury and on our collective travels wherever that may be.

IMG_2750[1].JPG

Very nice. See you on the road sometime

Mike

• Thanks
Reactions: DM
Glad we could contribute to your choice .
Next are trip reviews , ok?

• Agree
After many months of roaming the forum the imminent arrival of my very own Cali has prompted me to get around to introducing myself properly. I've also gotten around to changing my username (formerly dmailer) and eventually uploading an avatar.

The last six months have been a roller coaster of emotion building steadily to the current state of excitement as we count the last few days until we can take our new toy home. It all started with a spur of the moment to rent a Cali for a frantic 2,000 mile dash to Austria to deliver my daughter to Uni. We were smitten on this first trip, and then followed a trip to the NEC Caravan and Motorhome show, settling upon a Cali rather than a coach-build, agonising over options, choosing the colour, signing on the dotted line, changing the colour, waiting, more waiting, changing half the options, waiting, researching accessories and insurance, waiting, getting a confirmed build date (several weeks earlier than the dealers pesimistic - but realistic - six months) - hooray, waiting, researching gap insurance, service plans, extended warranties and finance, waiting, panic over swivelgate, waiting, hearing that it's built, more waiting (another 4 weeks) and at last - today - receiving a picture form the dealer confirming that she has arrived in Leicester.

img_2750-1-jpg.12406

I'm still not personally convinced by the colour - I was over-ruled by the ladies of the house. But hey - I got to choose everything else. ;)

She is a 204 Ocean DSG in Acapulco Blue with various options including ACC, front brake assist, side-scan, privacy glass, audio upgrade, car play, parking sensors, removable tow bar, lights and vision pack , Alcantara, parking sensors and camara, fifth seat and a few other bits and pieces.

We can't wait to get her home and learn how everything works. Then we will have a few days away over easter followed by the Tewksbury meet. And before we know it it'll be the return trip to Austria to collect my daughter (a bit more leisurely this time hopefully).

A huge thanks :thumb must go to the members of this forum. I don't think we would have got to where we have without the guidance and support to my endless questions and queries about specs and insurance and delivery times and....... and ......... Time and time again the forum came up trumps and was way ahead of the dealer in terms of option knowledge and special deals (e.g. £750 deposit contribution for finance). Hopefully I can repay by posting our experiences to assist others but I'm sure my questions will come thick and fast first when we are trying to sus out how things work!

I hope to meet some of you in Tewksbury and on our collective travels wherever that may be.

View attachment 12406
Welcome to the new list of owners DM and congratulations on a great choice of colour and options. We got ours last week and can't stop popping out to the drive to have another look and play around with the toys on board. Occasionally we even drive it!!!

We are first time owners and like you have gained so much help from contributors to this site. We will be at the Tewkesbury meet and look forward to swapping early experiences with you and others who I know are new to ownership of this vey special vehicle. Enjoy

Welcome.

• Thanks
Looks fab,make sure you post reviews of your Austrian campsites, it's on our list. :thumb

• Agree
Today was the day we brought our much anticipated Cali home. :bananadance We couldn't have done it without you - thanks.

image.jpeg

Now looking forward to an Easter break somewhere up North and then sharing her (metaphorically - obviously) with some of you at the Tewksbury meet.

img_2750-1-jpg.12406

View attachment 12406
Nice introduction DM, glad you have your new Cali! Enjoy :thumb

• Thanks
Loved DM when I was a kid BTW!
In fact I still do :D

Very nice and sounds like a fantastic spec. You definitely did your research! :)

Today was the day we brought our much anticipated Cali home. :bananadance We couldn't have done it without you - thanks.

View attachment 12509

Now looking forward to an Easter break somewhere up North and then sharing her (metaphorically - obviously) with some of you at the Tewksbury meet.

Good for you Dave.
Thanks for sharing the pics - your Cali definitely looks the business :thumb
All the best
Tom

• Thanks