Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Alternative

That’s not long at all, especially if you still have the old van to use will fly by.
I had to wait 21mths for this one, again very lucky as I had my old joker.
I do have the old van, but can only drive it another 500km's or I won't get the trade in value we negotiated. I'm actually making money on the trade as I got an 11% fleet discount buying it last year and then Benz stopped all production in 2022 so the values jumped. I drive a lot though and it currently has 19,400 Km's and he wants it under 20K or we have to renegotiate the trade value. So it's basically going to sit for a month as I don't want to risk it.

Having spent the last 3 weeks touring The Western Isle in Scotland we are missing a dedicated toilet compartment in our Cali.
We have been browsing alternatives that do not involve going significantly bigger.
Does anyone know whether in the Westfalia Club Joker the toilet door must remain open to allow access to the kitchen?
In the Club Joker, when the toilet door is shut, you can still access the 2 ring hob, the fridge and some cupboards, but you can't get to the kitchen sink and the rear cupboards. We sold our Cali last year and bought a Club Joker last year and are absolutely delighted with it. It is incredibly well designed and built and has completely maximised what can be achieved within the envelope of a T6 - it is a genius use of space. Like the Cali, it is pretty much a go anywhere vehicle - same width, 300mm longer (LWB T6). The biggest compromise is height - at 2.8m high, you can't shimmy under height restrictions or use multistoreys like you can with a pop top.
In return for that compromise, you get so much more. Toilet and shower room, 70L fresh and waste water tanks, hot running water, wet central heating, more comfortable roof bed with Frohli sprung frame. And you can still park on one space at the pub or in a supermarket carpark. It is so much easier to live in and live with, particularly off-grid and in the winter.

In the Club Joker, when the toilet door is shut, you can still access the 2 ring hob, the fridge and some cupboards, but you can't get to the kitchen sink and the rear cupboards. We sold our Cali last year and bought a Club Joker last year and are absolutely delighted with it. It is incredibly well designed and built and has completely maximised what can be achieved within the envelope of a T6 - it is a genius use of space. Like the Cali, it is pretty much a go anywhere vehicle - same width, 300mm longer (LWB T6). The biggest compromise is height - at 2.8m high, you can't shimmy under height restrictions or use multistoreys like you can with a pop top.
In return for that compromise, you get so much more. Toilet and shower room, 70L fresh and waste water tanks, hot running water, wet central heating, more comfortable roof bed with Frohli sprung frame. And you can still park on one space at the pub or in a supermarket carpark. It is so much easier to live in and live with, particularly off-grid and in the winter.
Just close the doors inwards to access sink37E7AEB1-32E1-4BBA-9043-2DC40635E6F4.jpeg

Having spent the last 3 weeks touring The Western Isle in Scotland we are missing a dedicated toilet compartment in our Cali.
We have been browsing alternatives that do not involve going significantly bigger.
Does anyone know whether in the Westfalia Club Joker the toilet door must remain open to allow access to the kitchen?
Have you considered the Hymer Evolution 540. Same length as LWB T6 but 15cm wider and 2.6m high. Still fits in most parking spots.

I’d love to see for real a Knaus Boxlife/Boxdrive 5.40m with the popup roof and the rear bed on rails so you can lift it up and have loads of storage room underneath ie to carry a bike …

826BCCE0-732F-41EA-B84E-9D36093BA0BA.jpeg

0C770C82-2316-4959-986A-41E22293A7B9.jpeg

Thank you. We will definitely have a look

Back