Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CAILFORNIA BEACH

Bigbluetopper

Bigbluetopper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Have just traded my t5.1 210K shuttlte for a T6 beach. Such a beautiful vehicle. 3 seater with lots of knobs ans buttons.
Any advice on the best optios ref seat covers/carpet?
Regards
Andy

Congrats on your purchase!! I rate the VW waterproof covers. Been using them for a few years on our Beach. Very easy to clean and keep the original seats looking great. For carpets, we use the VW monster rubber mats up front and two Dunelm Marvel mats in the back. They cover the rails but you can stack one on top of the other when making the bed. We have another small Marvel mat cut to size between the front seats. Quite a cost effective solution :cool:

Last edited:
In total agreement with @Kayleigh. We’ve got the vw rubber 3 piece mat set up front, Dunelm Marvel mats, £12 each, and the VW covers (not the most elegant, but quick to fit and practical. Also use Dunelm mats in the boots to protect against scraps, and quieten and rattling stuff.

We have had "Inca" waterproof seat covers on all of our seats from new. I believe VW do similar ones. They aren't fancy, but instead are very functional. They can be wiped clean with wet wipes and washed on a cool wash if really grubby. They always come up like new. I have never seen the point in covering fabric seats with fabric seat covers especially when dealing with kids and dogs. We don't have dogs but do have grand kids that can be very creative with anything messy e.g ice cream or drink etc. Waterproof seat covers are idea for this sort of use.

As for carpets, we have a full set of Brandrup tailored carpets. They are expensive but well made and easy to clean. Over the top we have VW "Monster" mats in the front and a flying carpet in the rear.

The monsters are good but I have had issues with the ribs breaking off leading to water seeping onto the Brandrups beneath. I'm currently on the third or forth set! In my experience, that problem occurs mainly with manual vehicles where your clutch foot heel forms a pivot on the monster mat. The constant movement tears the ribs which aren't solid but hollow, making them a weak point. The same issue doesn't seem to occur on DSG equipped vans where your heel most likely stays in-active at all times.

The rear compartment has a flying carpet over rug which is both easy to look after and uplifts the interior from what would otherwise be a sea of depressing grey plastic. Cleaning usually consists of removing it, giving it a good shake and replacing it. If it's really grubby then out comes the vacuum cleaner.
20191109_111206.jpg

Last edited:
Back