Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cab Roof - Pop top wind deflector corrosion repair by VW..

FredFlintstone

FredFlintstone

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi Folks,

Please can people with Calis that have had forward pop top wind deflector (section that runs along upper windscreen), please post pics of the end results?

Keen to see if on those that have had the cheaper (plastic cover fit over the original corroded part) repair - whether there is any sealant applied around the cover?

Thanks so much in advance!

BR

Fred

Hi, I had my roof facia replaced by Breeze in 2017. At first I was delighted, my treasured 2012 Cali like new again. In 2022 I noticed some water on my carpets and this year water is pooring in. At the back of the replacement panel there is serious corrosion along the whole width of the roof. They will not repair this a second time even though it is within the 12 year corrosion warranty, not happy at all now with a rusty van, I wish you good luck.

DSC_1573.JPG

12 Year Warranty. No hole, no claim. It's through panel penetration if you read the text. You're reliant on goodwill, which after 5+ years, l think will not be easy to obtain.
The cap repair is a crap repair. Something VW should have never got away with doing, but they did. It was never going to be a satisfactory long term solution.
Don't let this stop you kicking up a fuss, you might be lucky.

Hi, I had my roof facia replaced by Breeze in 2017. At first I was delighted, my treasured 2012 Cali like new again. In 2022 I noticed some water on my carpets and this year water is pooring in. At the back of the replacement panel there is serious corrosion along the whole width of the roof. They will not repair this a second time even though it is within the 12 year corrosion warranty, not happy at all now with a rusty van, I wish you good luck.

View attachment 111607
HI Steve, that looks like aluminium corrosion on the rear of what's left of the original part...? If so, this wasn't part of the VW Repair strategy as far as I can make out, I'd be severely tempted to tackle VW customer services about this, as it has not been rectified effectively. Good luck.

Back