Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying a VW California Coast Editions LHD in Germany.

Corradobrit

Corradobrit

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Currently living in USA but moving back to Europe next Autumn. I want to order a LHD VW California Coast Editions model from a dealer in Germany and pickup in September 2021. Can anyone recommend an English-speaking dealer they have worked with in Germany, to place the order and taken delivery.
Thanks

Hi,
Not sure of your circumstances but I bought my Beach Edition earlier this year direct from the factory through VW Diplomatic Sales. Very helpful indeed and easy process. Can give you a contact if you message me.
Otherwise try https://bullishow.com/
They speak good English will sell it without tax (you pay it on import to UK) and were giving at least 10% off list price earlier this year.
Good luck

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately having checked the pre-requisites for the diplomatic service I don't think I meet the criteria. With luck I'll be registering it in Italy since I'm eligible to apply for permanent residency there or possibly in the European country where I find work, between now and end of August. Plan B will be to register it in the UK.
I will definitely follow up with the link you provided.
Cheers
Haydn

If i was living in Germany or ordering in Germany i'd be tempted to go for a pick-up a the kundencenter in the Hannover factory.

You might want to consider https://www.mycalifornia.eu/. They are in The Netherlands, but offer a service where it is not registered there, but can be registered in any EU country, then you are responsible for paying relevant taxes in the country where it will be registered. Not used them myself, but have heard good things about them.

You might want to consider https://www.mycalifornia.eu/. They are in The Netherlands, but offer a service where it is not registered there, but can be registered in any EU country, then you are responsible for paying relevant taxes in the country where it will be registered. Not used them myself, but have heard good things about them.
Just to put a full stop on this thread. I ended up ordering from mycalifornia.eu in Nov 2019, before knowing what my destiny would be. The guys there were extremely easy to deal with (unlike several inquiries I made in Germany and Austria) and I got a super deal on the 199/4Mo DSG Coast w/Editions Pack I wanted in Pure Grey. Added a few extras like parking heater, towbar, panoramic bellows, wood effect floor, soft close door, AS tyres, 4 keys etc, just to make it a bit more enjoyable and practical.
In the Spring I found a job in Hannover of all places. Moved here in September and after a couple of build delays now have a date of April 13th for delivery to the supplying dealer in Holland. Perfect timing to enjoy the 2022 season and not have to worry about storage over the winter. The 17 month wait has been totally bearable. Alls well that ends well but I'll know for sure in April.

We have vehicles available now for immediate purchase, Edition specifications 4 Motion or standard, please PM or email

Hi,
Not sure of your circumstances but I bought my Beach Edition earlier this year direct from the factory through VW Diplomatic Sales. Very helpful indeed and easy process. Can give you a contact if you message me.
Otherwise try https://bullishow.com/
They speak good English will sell it without tax (you pay it on import to UK) and were giving at least 10% off list price earlier this year.
Good luck
Hi!
Thanks for this helpful post. Would you mind passing the contact you have for diplomatic sales to me, and perhaps some background info on your circumstances via private message? (I can't contact you directly). I got in touch with the VW diplomatic sales team, who said they no longer offer diplomatic sales to employees of international organisations holding diplomatic status (my case), only to national diplomats/holders of diplomatic passports. It was rather disappointing, and I wondered if you might have further light to shed (or not!) on possibilities along these lines.
Thanks a lot.

Just to put a full stop on this thread. I ended up ordering from mycalifornia.eu in Nov 2019, before knowing what my destiny would be. The guys there were extremely easy to deal with (unlike several inquiries I made in Germany and Austria) and I got a super deal on the 199/4Mo DSG Coast w/Editions Pack I wanted in Pure Grey. Added a few extras like parking heater, towbar, panoramic bellows, wood effect floor, soft close door, AS tyres, 4 keys etc, just to make it a bit more enjoyable and practical.
In the Spring I found a job in Hannover of all places. Moved here in September and after a couple of build delays now have a date of April 13th for delivery to the supplying dealer in Holland. Perfect timing to enjoy the 2022 season and not have to worry about storage over the winter. The 17 month wait has been totally bearable. Alls well that ends well but I'll know for sure in April.
Thanks for the update! Great when posters give the final feedback/solutions encountered!

Did you end up having your Cali shipped from Hannover to Holland, to drive it back to Hannover again?

Hi!
Thanks for this helpful post. Would you mind passing the contact you have for diplomatic sales to me, and perhaps some background info on your circumstances via private message? (I can't contact you directly). I got in touch with the VW diplomatic sales team, who said they no longer offer diplomatic sales to employees of international organisations holding diplomatic status (my case), only to national diplomats/holders of diplomatic passports. It was rather disappointing, and I wondered if you might have further light to shed (or not!) on possibilities along these lines.
Thanks a lot.
Can’t message you directly either!
Contact details for them are here: https://www.volkswagen-group-diplomatic-sales.com/de/kontakt/index_en.html
I was living in Germany and eligible at the time to get on on their scheme. Not sure what their rules are now as I ordered in Feb 20.
I seem to remember they only did it for registration and collection in Germany.
Drop them an email and see what they say.
Good luck!

Back