Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying a nearly new 6.1 ocean

N

Nibbles

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Hi there everyone,
What an amazing site.
We are thinking of purchasing a nearly new cali 6.1 ocean, its done about 1000 miles and has been used as a demonstration model.
The question is quite simple,
Is there anything we should keep an eye out or ask about

Check Warranty as it will be used vehicle and may not have a full warranty.
Any GAP Insurance will factor this ion also.

Otherwise check for any damage by the Public both internally & externally. Be nit picking as you won't get a second chance. It is a sellers market due to manufacturing supply problems.

Good luck.

Check Warranty as it will be used vehicle and may not have a full warranty.
Any GAP Insurance will factor this ion also.

Otherwise check for any damage by the Public both internally & externally. Be nit picking as you won't get a second chance. It is a sellers market due to manufacturing supply problems.

Good luck.
Thanks BJG for your help and advice, I WILL check all these.

VW have been running some good Warranty and Service deals. Check what's available as they vary month to month.
Note VWUK not the Dealer.

Thank you I think this is an option for us to do. All these are useful pointers for us.
You need to be VERY quick to purchase the five year warranty. From memory it needs to be within 3 months of the registration date of the vehicle. However I wouldn't see that as a showstopper if too late.

We are very happy with our 6.1 Ocean, just go for it!

Check they are not asking £10k over list!

Check they are not asking £10k over list!
Hi
Thanks for the advice, this one seems... I hope to be more or less about right, if there is a right price to pay!! I've seen some with a higher mileage simular spec but either the same money or higher, and when I've asked about price, been a true Yorkshire man and all..... they wouldn't budge saying, well sell it in the new year etc. Which makes me think this one is OK price wise!?
AND
Not pushy Salesman, I went to one garage they turned round and said what can we do to get you to buy this van ( not the one I'm currentlylooking at), I just told them, well done you've lost the chance of the sale!!!!!
I HATE pushy Sales people of any kind,!!!!

Now the run up to Christmas and I'm sure that the salesman would like a bit of extra Bonus so push the 'extras' that can be included.

You need to be VERY quick to purchase the five year warranty. From memory it needs to be within 3 months of the registration date of the vehicle. However I wouldn't see that as a showstopper if too late.

We are very happy with our 6.1 Ocean, just go for it!
Correct - note the latter warranty is nowhere near as comprehensive as the factory extended warranty

Extended Warranty options for additional peace of mind

It’s always more comforting to have a warranty, should you experience any sudden failure during the cover period, you’re covered for the repairs and replacement of factory-fitted mechanical and electrical components of your vehicle. We offer two types of warranty: a Factory Extended Warranty that’s available within three months of your initial purchase, and an Extended Warranty that you can purchase anytime from 30 days before your existing warranty is due to expire or, if you do not have a warranty in place.

https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/service/warranties/extended-warranty.html

Correct - note the latter warranty is nowhere near as comprehensive as the factory extended warranty

Extended Warranty options for additional peace of mind

It’s always more comforting to have a warranty, should you experience any sudden failure during the cover period, you’re covered for the repairs and replacement of factory-fitted mechanical and electrical components of your vehicle. We offer two types of warranty: a Factory Extended Warranty that’s available within three months of your initial purchase, and an Extended Warranty that you can purchase anytime from 30 days before your existing warranty is due to expire or, if you do not have a warranty in place.

https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/service/warranties/extended-warranty.html
Cheers for that, I'm about to email the garage now about it

The other difference is that the Factory Extended Warranty, when bough within 3 months of registration costs something like £500 in total for 2 years to take it up to 5 years cover. Whereas the Extended warranty that covers less, bought when the 3 year warranty runs out is something like £1500 per year

Make sure the dealer is allowed to sell the vehicle. We almost purchased a demonstrator only to find our that the v5 couldn't be released to us for a further 3 months. Without the V5 in your name you will find your insurance isn't valid.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Make sure the dealer is allowed to sell the vehicle. We almost purchased a demonstrator only to find our that the v5 couldn't be released to us for a further 3 months. Without the V5 in your name you will find your insurance isn't valid.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hope the purchase goes well, we bought our Ocean back in June from a main dealer with just 3 k mileage, at this time the dealers could sell the same van to 10 people the same day so had no bargaining opportunity…just had to agree to the asking price with no hope of anything thrown in. At the time there were only around 35 to 40 California’s on the VW website but now it’s a different story.
I would suggest making a list of any extras you can think of
……..Warranty, Service, Mats etc , ask them to include them all before you agree to be anything, at 75k plus you expect a little extra.
Also do make sure the gas bottle and Gok valve are fitted, my van had these missing and proved a pain to find in stock anywhere.
It will be the best Christmas present ever

Not sure if you’ve already done so, but I’d get a deposit on it asap! They don’t hang around long. This time of year is normally a little quieter for car sales, but the Cali is still in very high demand right now.
Keep us updated….