Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying a 5 seat but need 7 seat - the dealership says you can't do it!

If you've got a baby on the way & you intend keeping the van for a few years it would be worth looking out for the 5th seat that has an integrated child seat built in. They tend to be more like £600 each but saves the hassle of a separate child seat / booster in a few years time.
The integrated child seats are Group 2 and 3; 15Kg to 36Kg, approximately age 3+.

Hi Simplek1,

I have a pair of single seats with integrated child seats from a Beach I no longer need if you still need extra seats? They are dark coloured so child friendly .

Hi Simplek1,

I have a pair of single seats with integrated child seats from a Beach I no longer need if you still need extra seats? They are dark coloured so child friendly .

Hi Cuba, thank you. Do you know which fabric they are? We are getting a beach with katamo black interior. Many thanks :cheers

Hi,
The seats are Milan fabric. Dark coloured inc. child head rests. They have had Inka waterproof seats covers on since new.
You can't see the seat fabric under the seat covers so matching with the Katamo fabric won't be a problem.
If you'd like them send me a PM and we'll make arrangements.
Thanks

Hi,
The seats are Milan fabric. Dark coloured inc. child head rests. They have had Inka waterproof seats covers on since new.
You can't see the seat fabric under the seat covers so matching with the Katamo fabric won't be a problem.
If you'd like them send me a PM and we'll make arrangements.
Thanks

hi thank you - i need to find out if these seats will fit a t6 Beach - can anyone help please?

Hi Simplek1,

These seats will fit a T5/T6 Beach and an Ocean/SE with the 3rd rail.

hi thank you - i need to find out if these seats will fit a t6 Beach - can anyone help please?
All VW have done is change the fabric.

Hi Simplek1,

These seats will fit a T5/T6 Beach and an Ocean/SE with the 3rd rail.

Great, i dont think i can send you a personal message, is this something that comes from a paying membership?

Great, i dont think i can send you a personal message, is this something that comes from a paying membership?
Correct, and then you get access to ALL the Discount Codes. 1 purchase at Cotswold can cover the Membership.

Hi Simplek1

We have a pair of seats from a T5 Beach that we were going to list shortly on the site if you are interested. They're currently all wrapped up and stored in our spare room taking up space but are the same material as the bench seat shown below and should fit in the T6.

upload_2017-2-22_13-55-2.png

Hi Simplek1

We have a pair of seats from a T5 Beach that we were going to list shortly on the site if you are interested. They're currently all wrapped up and stored in our spare room taking up space but are the same material as the bench seat shown below and should fit in the T6.

View attachment 19323

Hi thank you for posting this, sorry I have only just seen it - we pick up our beach next Friday :upsidedown and then the search will begin again. If we can't find matching ones we are going to get the cheapest ones we can find

I realise this is an old thread but having the same issue and wondered how it had worked out? Was the V5 change as simple as was suggested? Thanks

I’ve done this myself to my own car, not a VW. Dealer does not want to do it because of their insurance. They told me this quite clearly.
I bought the seats I needed, installed them along with the seat belts.
Changed the V5C and informed Insurance and even sent them photos by email
Worked a treat for 4 years and sold the van. I removed the seats BEFORE I sold the car and returned the V5C to 5 seats.
As long as you use it for your own personal use, you can do a almost what you want. Not saying you could, but you could put deck chairs in the back as long as it’s you and your family (deckchairs might be a bridge too far)
But it can certainly been done legally. Dealer told me they didn’t want the insurance implications

Back