Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buyers beware - Grey Cali advertised on this site

Tassellpants

Tassellpants

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi

This is my first post and a real downer for me. I was very much looking forward to Cali ownership and enjoying reading the great advice on here.

I'd been to look at buying our first Cali and drove four hours to look at a 180bhp model. Did the deal for not very much under the asking price, as per the advert to include MoT, Service and Warranty extension, and did a gentleman's handshake to seal the deal. Help back on the deposit there and then as wanted to look into the roof kinks that weren't disclosed in the advert. And explained that due to a holiday next week I can't collect the van until the 2nd June.

I've just had an email to explain that he's had a lot of interest and isn't honouring the agreement and if I want to proceed he is withdrawing the warranty from the deal. He has also conveniently forgotten that I won't be able to collect the van until the 2nd and said on the phone that if I want the van come and get it and collection on the 2nd is no good to him. Not a pleasant end to a day that's been bad for a number of other reasons.

I appreciate that it is his to sell, but to me an agreement with a handshake is a verbal contract and one which genuine people honour.

Just wanted any potential buyers to go into any deal with their eyes open, and hopefully my second post will be to say I'm joining you all with a nice Cali sold in good faith!!!!

++ Post edited for privacy reasons++

Back