Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buy a camper!

D

Drittling

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I should buy a new California camper an need some thoughts about my choice of car and equipment! I have been consistent with a MB Marco Polo and a VW California, and the choice fell on a VW California. This car is my first campervan and thought that I never would buy such a car in my life, but my wife talked that she wants a caravan so I agreed to get a VW California.

The spec is:
A Starlight blue Ocean with 198 ps, 4 motion, DSG and Springfeald alloy.
Equipped with standard equipment and also some extras.

what extra equipment is good to have and what is nice to have?

Regards from Sweden

I would say Heavy duty anti roll bar. Cheap and improves handling in corners a lot.
Apart from that ACC is very recommendable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

App connect is up there as well. Allows you to use an increasing number of apps to n your Discover Media system including Apple & Google Maps.

Mike

App connect is up there as well. Allows you to use an increasing number of apps to n your Discover Media system including Apple & Google Maps.

Mike

Agree, do not forget AppConnect, it will future proof your Stereo unit

Towbar prep - for a bike rack.
App connect
Standard Cruise

Everything else isn’t really needed.

The most desired options (see the poll) are :-
popular colour
parking sensors
window tints
DSG
cruise

after these its what you want I guess

LED lights are fantastic

An expensive item not really required.
If money is no object, then why not.

Legin has a point with Parking Sensors. I would spec them front and back.

The basic Cali is very well equipped and, as Geoff says, in general you aren't get your money back on expensive options when you come to sell.

So the best options to have are just the ones you personally get a kick out of, and based on how you intend to use the van. Asking us to recommend is like asking us what pizza toppings we like. ;)

Eg, LED lights might be good but I personally wouldn't spend extra for them because I rarely drive my van in the dark - we only use it for camping trips. But if we'd bought it as all-round commuter/family hack, then that would be a different thing.

But since you ask, I'd go for rear parking sensors. Not much else.

Happy configuratoring! :welcome

Thank you for your input ... I have a consistent price between Sweden and the UK and it differentiates a lot in price for the same basic car.

We have three different equipment packages in Sweden, the Camping Package, the Comfort Package and a package at reasonably priced. The packages include T, eg App Connect, full LED light front and rear, ACC and more!

I have requested an offer for a well-equipped car so we will see how expensive it is!

Regards
Jörgen

Now I have placed an order on a fully-equipped California manufactured Week 47 to be delivered in early April! I look forward to it April soon and delivery time!

Finally, the car has been delivered and ready for adventure! The first trip goes to the factory meeting Hannover in May
As a beginner, it will be fun to take part of the experience that is available on this forum
Hqu2grm.jpg

Regards
Jörgen

Great stuff !
Welcome allong , make to come and say hi when in Hannover.... ;)

Finally, the car has been delivered and ready for adventure! The first trip goes to the factory meeting Hannover in May
As a beginner, it will be fun to take part of the experience that is available on this forum
Hqu2grm.jpg

Regards
Jörgen

What is your roof aerial for?