Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bumper replacement/repair

S

swisspace

VIP Member
Dear All,

I have a bit of a skirmish with a low wall at the weekend and because of the oblique angle the parking sensors didn't work, the wall was dark and so was the road above the road it was light and looked like the kerb and well....

The bumper is quite badly grazed along the side and I think will need replacing, are these easy to fit ( I assume its easy to move the sensors) and can you order them already painted (sand beige)

otherwise has anyone had dealings with http://www.lightcliffe.co.uk/vwvancentre/new-cars/ as I will be in llandudno in a month or two and could ask them for a quote - wish I was passing SMG at the right time but I will be passing near them on saturday evening.

Thanks Ian

Bumpers come painted with undercoat only. So will need a paint shop.

Try a good bodyshop as well before going down the new route.
There is a special plastic filler available for bumpers which used in the correct hands will bring it back to new condition, probably a lot cheaper than a new one.

I had another look last night and I am thinking maybe I can get away with some black/carbon body wrap for now - matched both sides of course. I see a new primed bumper is around 200-250 pounds - no idea how much painting costs, I was just hoping I could get one painted by mail order and fit it myself when next in UK

Banwy Van centre is very close to my mothers so maybe I will give them a call and see what they can do, anyone dealt with them?

Back