Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Build Date

California Rob

California Rob

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Greeting to all.
Im new to the California scene for years i wanted an old campervan being the proud owner of a few old beetles.But the practicality of travelling around Europe sort of scared me a bit 55 mph to Poland.So i decided to spend the kids inheritance on a new van.(im going to text them when i get to poland with the news)
I actually ordered the van on the 8th of August was told 10 months to a year.I got a call from the dealer today to inform me he had a build week from VW week 42 so built end of October delivery end of November.(not set in stone) The strange thing is although im happy thats it coming a lot soon than expected i cant help but feel like im missing out on a lot of waiting time..Im only half way through youtube how can i take ownership of such a fine vehicle when i dont even know what pots to get....

Have a nice day everyone....

Greeting to all.
Im new to the California scene for years i wanted an old campervan being the proud owner of a few old beetles.But the practicality of travelling around Europe sort of scared me a bit 55 mph to Poland.So i decided to spend the kids inheritance on a new van.(im going to text them when i get to poland with the news)
I actually ordered the van on the 8th of August was told 10 months to a year.I got a call from the dealer today to inform me he had a build week from VW week 42 so built end of October delivery end of November.(not set in stone) The strange thing is although im happy thats it coming a lot soon than expected i cant help but feel like im missing out on a lot of waiting time..Im only half way through youtube how can i take ownership of such a fine vehicle when i dont even know what pots to get....

Have a nice day everyone....
Pots is an easy question to answer. There’s a general consensus on the forum, that no Cali is complete without a Ridge Monkey clean sandwich toaster (also to be used for fry ups).

Does this mean that VW have eventually caught up with demand or is this a fluke? The dates quoted above give an order to build time of about ten weeks, almost back to the good days!

Does this mean that VW have eventually caught up with demand or is this a fluke? The dates quoted above give an order to build time of about ten weeks, almost back to the good days!
Rod, it would appear from some of the other forum contributions and ours, that new Beach models in particular are indeed being produced more quickly. Ordered ours end of June '22, confirmed build commencing 12/9/22

I’m not sure if it’s a fluke or they caught up with production salesman Just said the factory is back open after there summer brake and im in for week
42. I’m glad I got tickets for the NEC I will be there to get me ridgemonkey and all the other gear campervan owners must have. I’ve never been to a show before anyone have any first timer advice.

I’m not sure if it’s a fluke or they caught up with production salesman Just said the factory is back open after there summer brake and im in for week
42. I’m glad I got tickets for the NEC I will be there to get me ridgemonkey and all the other gear campervan owners must have. I’ve never been to a show before anyone have any first timer advice.
Yes, take your own packed lunch! The cost of eats & drinks in the NEC need a second mortgage.
If you must purchase items either do it late in the day or arrange if possible to collect from the trader late on. You can walk your legs off without really trying and carrying anything becomes hard work.

Tip for the show: take photos of everything you look at. At the end of the day you won’t remember all those amazing things you can’t do without…;-)

Heading to the NEC 19/20 for 2 days. Never been but heard good reports. Will heed the advice re buying anything early doors. Intend taking a wish list and prices of ‘essentials’ in the hope of maybe buying some of the items even cheaper. As per the advice on this forum, we will not be rushing to purchase pre sussing out what we really need.

We ordered our ocean on 20th March from Crawley branch and was told 10-12months and so far have heard diddly squat.

Hi - New to the Cali scene. Went to the Farnborough Motor Show in August to look at electric vehicles and came across an area showing off campervans. Got bitten by the bug and after a weeks research decided on an Ocean. Went to my local VW dealer and ordered one that has week 36 build date for delivery Oct/Nov 2022. I could have gone to Autoebid and received 6k+ discount (used them before) but 12-15 month wait. If anyone wants delivery this year they had 4 left, they are pre-spec’s but I was happy with the spec chosen.

Back