Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Build date this week!!

Johnboy

Johnboy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi,

Just joined the website. Looking forward to the new Cali arriving soon.

Have had a Caravelle syncro for years, and could not have managed without it. So we have now treated ourselves to an upgrade ready for my retirement in the form of the T6 Beach.
We chose the beach as we need 7 seats. I have added a few options including the cabin heater and bike rack; and eventually we went for Bamboo Green.
I think the first excursion will be up north to Yorkshire, followed by a cycling trip to France which I hope will include a bit of the "Tour".

Cheers

John

Welcome. It was the result of a cycle trip Calais to Cannes with a few days in the mountains following the tour that I started researching a better support vehicle. The result a Cali. For me it was an Ocean but only down to it being just me and the boss. Beach will be perfect.

Mike

Welcome , the aux. heater is a must have so you did good putting it on the option list!
:thumb

:welcome Excellent! Enjoy the planning and the trips - Great start to your retirement :thumb

Thanks guys. Really looking forward to it.

Hi,

Have had a Caravelle syncro for years, and could not have managed without it. So we have now treated ourselves to an upgrade ready for my retirement in the form of the T6 Beach.
We chose the beach as we need 7 seats. I have added a few options including the cabin heater and bike rack; and eventually we went for Bamboo Green.
I think the first excursion will be up north to Yorkshire, followed by a cycling trip to France which I hope will include a bit of the "Tour".

Cheers

John
Welcome John,

Don't forget to bring your bikes when you coming up to Yorkshire. The "Tour" started here in 2014, and there are still many people do sections of the "2014 Tour" route for fun. Some sections are still adorned with yellow bikes several years afterwards, as you often see in France.

Yes, I fully intend to.
There is a stage of the Tour of Yorkshire the week after our visit but I don't think I will be making that.
I have to get some serious riding in soon ready for a few sportives I have entered, and I am sure there are some challenging hills in the vicinity.
Looking forward to it.....

Hi,

Cheers

John
John, We get our Beach tomorrow and are also planning on going to the TDF and possibly Stelvio Pass in May.

John, We get our Beach tomorrow and are also planning on going to the TDF and possibly Stelvio Pass in May.
Sorry to interupt! Pls send pics of Stelvio pass - in my "must do" drives. BMW Z4 or Cali? AGH........!!

Well I picked up the new Beach and I am really pleased. I think I got the spec just right, I was unsure about the colour choice (Acapulco blue or Bamboo green). Eventually I went for the Bamboo and I really like it.
I cycled to VW Hereford to pick it up, and put the bike on the new bike rack. The bike rack is excellent.

The route home took me through winding and hilly roads in the dark. Two things I was really impressed with were the headlight assist and the HD anti roll bars. Previously I had a Caravelle and I sold it due to the wallowing ride. This one feels really firm on the corners and is not lowered on the springs.

Still got to work out how all the button work .......

John

Button fun! Goes on for days! Here's a weird one. Two weeks in and I'm only just discovering that the LED's in the roof do not work with the engine running. Yep, switch engine off and hey presto! I haven't figured out why yet.

Back