Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken flexi-light and probs with interior lights

P

Pengio

Hi

I have a LHD California T5 Tdi 4motion - bought in Spain in 06 and brought back to the UK a few years back.

The flexible stem of the reading light (the black bendy one which is fixed above/behind the drivers seat and fixes to the mattress with velcro), is damaged near the base and the light now doesn't work.

Without removing it I can't tell if the wiring inside is damaged and am not sure whether to unscrew/remove it to take a proper look. Is there any risk of a small shock if I do this? I'm never sure which lights come off which battery anyway.

And does anyone know whether its' possible to buy a replacement one of these lamps?

Also, all the interior lights have stopped working - the 3 above the sink/cooker, the two above the sliding door and the rear one. I've replaced the fuse (which had blown) but they still none of them work.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

You can buy a new , but better to take it away and install a 12v socket/cigaret lighter.
That way you just buy a 12v bendy light with a socket and you can use the socket to charge your phone within' hands reach at night.

@Sad

Thankx for linking my post....
Saves my some work.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sad
That's a great idea. It was a pretty useless light anyway.

To remove the broken light I guess I need to remove a fuse first - any idea which one?

Also any chance this has anything to do with the other interior lights no longer working?

Did
That's a great idea. It was a pretty useless light anyway.

To remove the broken light I guess I need to remove a fuse first - any idea which one?

Also any chance this has anything to do with the other interior lights no longer working?

Did you find a fix for your other lights, I think I have the same problem?

Back