Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken down, 1900 miles on clock

s2bear

s2bear

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
So the glow plug sign starts flashing and I think it’s the DPF regeneration process but then I have reduced power, can’t rev over about 2.5k and Carista tells me it’s an engine management system fault, error code 16409.

Service departments are closed so I called vw assist but no one from VW available until tomorrow morning so AA en route for last 1.5hrs.

Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the glow plug sign starts flashing and I think it’s the DPF regeneration process but then I have reduced power, can’t rev over about 2.5k and Carista tells me it’s an engine management system fault, error code 16409.

Service departments are closed so I called vw assist but no one from VW available until tomorrow morning so AA en route for last 1.5hrs.

Oh well.

Fault generated was for turbo actuator failure. This reset itself when the car was turned off and restarted later.
Guess its another thing to worry about en route to the alps come Boxing Day ....

Bad luck.
Hopefully just a one off.

Bad luck.
Hopefully just a one off.

Thanks. Yes hopefully. I wouldn’t be as concerned if I wasn’t heading to the mountains next week but I’ll use it plenty this week to make sure. I’ve been doing a few short journeys and interrupting the DPF regeneration as a result so hopefully it was that causing the fault.

The tech ran it through a regeneration cycle via his laptop and it scooted up to 600+ degrees centigrade. That’s a lot of heat if you’re just sitting at the local traffic lights I guess.

He also said that the engine would run a lot more DPF regeneration cycles in the first 6k miles and probably less often after that.

I think repeatedly typing ‘DPF regeneration’ on my phone is more painful than going through the actual process.

not a nice thing to happen even if you know the cause was benign. I hope all goes well from here on.

Must say though its never left me stranded just a couple of trips to the dealer.

Last edited:
After numerous faults (AC, manifold failure, low tyre pressure warning lights, engine warning lights) in the first 15 months of ownership I haven't had a single warning light for 6 months, so much more relaxing driving around when you are no longer constantly in fear of another light "event". Must say though its never left me stranded just numerous trips to the dealer.

Ok thanks, that’s good to know (sort of ). The VW Tech pretty much said similar in that it ‘shouldn’t’ leave me stranded - just a little bit slow. Story of my life ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back