Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup Second Skin Seat Covers

DrJuanKerr

DrJuanKerr

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Has anybody fitted the Brandrup Second Skin Seat Covers to their Cali please? They are uber expensive so wondered if anyone has any feedback before I drop the hammer
Cheers

Has anybody fitted the Brandrup Second Skin Seat Covers to their Cali please? They are uber expensive so wondered if anyone has any feedback before I drop the hammer
Cheers
Yes, they are straight forward to fit and we are very pleased with them. Worth looking in the club shop with VIP discount or the Dutch and German sites to compare before you do order.

They are fantastic, but if you've a muddy dog etc, you'll worry about getting them dirty....which isn't really the idea!

They do wash well though, but for carting muddy dogs, who believe they can sit where they like, they are a bit too posh.

Thanks for the input. I have two mastiffs. Whilst not generally muddy they can dribble ;). For the best part of £700 I could get the seats all reupholstered in leather so wondered about how resilient the covers are

Yes, they are straight forward to fit and we are very pleased with them. Worth looking in the club shop with VIP discount or the Dutch and German sites to compare before you do order.

..... also, being new to T6 ownership I'm not yet familiar with the Dutch and German sites

I had them in my Ocean and wasn't that impressed to be honest. Sure they looked exactly like the original seats which was good, but water marked them easily and dirt was a hassle to get off, plus they were a massive pain to take off and wash.

Ended up selling them on and getting a leather retrim - see https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/leather-re-trim-at-trim-technik.23972/ - now super easy to wipe clean and much more dog proof! :thumb

I had them in my Ocean and wasn't that impressed to be honest. Sure they looked exactly like the original seats which was good, but water marked them easily and dirt was a hassle to get off, plus they were a massive pain to take off and wash.

Ended up selling them on and getting a leather retrim - see https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/leather-re-trim-at-trim-technik.23972/ - now super easy to wipe clean and much more dog proof! :thumb

I absolutely love what you've done to your seats

As said above, just a recover of the original seat covering, which looks good but did really not suit us being so light coloured. Altough they are really very easy to fit. Now have the GTI covers from the club shop and delighted, as they suit us best

...... looks like I won't get those then. Think I'll wait a year or so until mine get "minging" then go for a complete leather reupholster.

I have the Brandrup Second Skin and love them, wish I’d got them from day one instead of the cheap waterproof covers.

So, after taking just one of our brace of Mastiffs for a walk earlier, I need to rethink my earlier suggested strategy of "wait a year or so until mine get "minging" then go for a complete leather reupholster.". The rear seat is pretty filthy already!

I need eat covers son and I need them now!!

The club shop has reduced all their brandrup items and are now the cheapest in the uk

Back