Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup carpet fitting

J

Jmichaelfox

Another weekend of tinkering and trying to fit the brandrup passenger carpet set. This comes with a Velcro strip, which appears to need inserting under the step trim and seat rail trim.
Any ideas how to lift the trim without damage? :help

Don't panic I'm sure there's some members with the brandrup carpets that can help ... I've seen them but only in the rear of the Cali ..

Success!
Those clever brandrup people.....I wondered why the Velcro strip to place on the floor was not self adhesive....and have discovered that a little warmth on the plastic trim for the side door step allows you to lift the edge by 2 mm to slide in the rigid Velcro strip which is wider then the visible floor space. (probably makes no sense to anyone without a carpet set!)
Fits like a glove!

Jmichaelfox said:
Success!
Those clever brandrup people.....I wondered why the Velcro strip to place on the floor was not self adhesive....and have discovered that a little warmth on the plastic trim for the side door step allows you to lift the edge by 2 mm to slide in the rigid Velcro strip which is wider then the visible floor space. (probably makes no sense to anyone without a carpet set!)
Fits like a glove!
Haha... Just gone through the very same discovery process.... Silly me, should have searched online first... Yep, it's very simple and highly effective once you know how.
The other tip is to pull the plastic rail ends up and out, and then whack them back in place so the carpet is sandwiched underneath and thus held in place. Stops the carpet creeping.

How do you secure the carpet along side the kitchen units and the front, just behind front seats

How do you secure the carpet along side the kitchen units and the front, just behind front seats
Mine doesn't need it. Fitted with the Velcro by the door and after a day or two to settle down after transport and it's perfect.

Mike