Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup 2nd skin - head rest issue

F

fryersfield

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
HI - just fitting new Brandrup 2nd skin seat covers to a T6. Everything fits beautifuly apart from the headrests. Does anyone know if there is a trick to fitting them or if possibly they got bigger going from T5 to T6?

many thanks

Jason

The T5 and T6 headrest are differed. The latest models are bigger (Taller).

There is even a diffrence between some T5 models depending the buildingyear. Have to check from when on it changed.

if you bought the seatcovers new , Look at the package see what it says ,if the dealer gave you wrong he must change them

Sounds like they have sold you an old set, where did you get them from?

HI - just fitting new Brandrup 2nd skin seat covers to a T6. Everything fits beautifuly apart from the headrests. Does anyone know if there is a trick to fitting them or if possibly they got bigger going from T5 to T6?

many thanks

Jason

Did you buy the T6 specific covers (Moonrock Grey) or was it the older T5 patterns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought from west autohouser - description says:
Second Skin für die 2er-Bank VW T6/T5, Design California Ocean „Valley/Moonrock“

When they're marketed as T6 you'd expect them to fit!

My Brandrup T6 covers arrived this week but unfortunately no Cali to test them in.

Hopefully it's just a tight fit and you're able to squeeze them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are bemused why people buy these expensive seat covers, I am surprised you don't buy covers to put over the covers! we have never had seat covers on our Cali and we have two young children who spill all sorts on our seats ( food, juice etc) We deep clean our seats at the end of each year and they come up like new.

We are bemused why people buy these expensive seat covers, I am surprised you don't buy covers to put over the covers! we have never had seat covers on our Cali and we have two young children who spill all sorts on our seats ( food, juice etc) We deep clean our seats at the end of each year and they come up like new.

For us circumstances dictate. The Cali will be our daily driver and parked on the opposite side of the road to our house so no mains access for electricity or water to maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle in the way most people would do. We really like the upholstery of the Cali and so getting covers that are identical made perfect sense for us. Pull them off, throw them in the washing machine and put them back on again.

Because I have two dogs who are permanently wet or muddy and I live somewhere that it's hard to dry things off when at home. Each to their own.

Back