Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Boxes for under multiflex board

@daveyboydanger - Superb pic. That looks like a perfect fit. I'm sad that's not a VW coolbox in the middle as if it was that would be my go-to option, but like you say the VW one is huge and so that wouldn't work.

Still looking at options. :)

I'm also looking into everyone's boxes to see what you pack in them! :) Looks like you have a kettle in a 35L box and a (big) washing up bowl in the other 35L box. That makes me feel like our plan to use a 35L box as a "kitchen" box, with small kettle, collapsible washing up bowl, plates, cups, cutlery and stackable camping pans, is probably do-able. But I don't want to buy the 35L one and find out we can't get all our gear in there!

Decisions...

That was my 1st thought. A good box for the bike rack.

Do you find that setup leaves a sufficient air gap for running the fridge? I find my Waeco fridge doesnt hold temp very well without a decent air gap.
It's not an amazing coolbox but seems to do it's job when in that location. The fan is in the lid and so I think as long as I don't load stuff on top it had a couple of inches to breathe.

I've finally found the perfect boxes for a 3-seater beach
I've order from Auer Packaging (auer-packaging.nl,.be,.de,.co.uk,.fr, ...) the following:
Euro containers closed surface
4x 60 x 40 x 22 cm
4x 40 x 30 x 22 cm

They are stackable without lid hence accessible from inside by lifting multiflex board (Thank you cleve!). They are very strong and solid, look durable.
They all squeeze in perfectly together. I might just travel with 4+2 because then the 3 seat bench can be stored more backward.

Some pictures:

I spent quite some time finding the perfect dimensions and I think I've finally found it..

Thanks for the advice @zeratul - Here's mine to match.

IMG_3368.JPG

A couple of box questions:
I have been looking for a fabric box arrangement for the wardrobe. Idea is put a zip lid one in the bottom for used laundry then at least one more on top of that for clean clothes. Tried one of our older ikea ones and can't get it past the seat but it does fit in the wardrobe if I move the seat forward. So ideal solution is 3 short ones. Any suggestions?

I like to cook so need a spice box. I have cases of herbs and spices but missus tells me they are too big. Again, any ideas?

A couple of box questions:
I have been looking for a fabric box arrangement for the wardrobe. Idea is put a zip lid one in the bottom for used laundry then at least one more on top of that for clean clothes. Tried one of our older ikea ones and can't get it past the seat but it does fit in the wardrobe if I move the seat forward. So ideal solution is 3 short ones. Any suggestions?

I like to cook so need a spice box. I have cases of herbs and spices but missus tells me they are too big. Again, any ideas?

The beach doesn't have a wardrobe so can't speak from experience but think there's threads in the general section where people talk about using packing cubes which we find useful to separate luggage when flying and sharing a suitcase so maybe worth a look.

For spices I've considered the dine box.....
http://dinebox.co.uk/dinebox-travel-pantry---camping-herb-and-spice-kit.html

I really find it astounding the amount of stuff some of you carry. I thought that camping was supposed to be a minimalist activity. I have been waiting for someone to show a box for carrying the kitchen sink. Some of you even take children with you. Are you crazy?

I put my spices in either 7 day pill boxes or I have a stackable grinder.

I put my spices in either 7 day pill boxes or I have a stackable grinder.
???
Multi-Chamber-Spice-Jar-6-condiment-Assortment.jpg

I have this spice box already for a while. The concept of it is great. The practical problem is that you can't refill them, and so spontaneously I seem to avoid using. So like Matt I added a big round pillbox as extra for the common spices.

IMG_2545.jpg

Last edited:
I use these (the smaller ones), stackable and they lock together.upload_2018-8-9_7-36-3.jpeg

upload_2018-8-9_7-37-1.jpeg

Oh and I love the Joseph Joseph silicone garlic peeler, superb piece of kit (£3 from Debenhams), put in garlic, roll a couple of times and your garlic is peeled. No smelly hands, no need to cut the ends off etc.

Those look very nice indeed. :)
I'm not sure if these are airtight Matt, but the lids fit really well and haven't ever come undone on their own (or leaked spices including fine powders like turmeric).

Back