Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blackpool Campsites

Lost Boy

Lost Boy

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Kids are desperate to go up to see the lights, anyone know of a good quality campsite that will still be open near to Blackpool?

Yes, but at least if you are travelling to Blackpool via the M6 toll then you will get some of your money back with reduced toll fees :)

Just checked online it's fully booked for the whole of October, which I find hard to believe
Any other recommendations?

Thanks very keen to have some handstanding so the van doesn't get trashed, will do some more investigating online, thanks for the guidance

It's half-term, people go to Blackpool to see the lights. Doesn't take much to fill a site.

There's not many i'd recommend near Blackpool. Garstang area has a few sites, try ukcampsite.co.uk
I'd recommend viewing the lights on a weekday night rather than weekends and it is quieter if you drive from Bispham end towards Squires Gate rather the other way round. Let me know if you need tips on things to see, places to eat etc.

C
It's half-term, people go to Blackpool to see the lights. Doesn't take much to fill a site.
Check last minute for availability. People often cancel 72 hrs in advance. Online bookings for cc cljb always accurate.

I am amazed nobody has mentioned the Haven at Blackpool, Marton Mere is well organised with great loos, hardstanding pitches and is the bus stand for the number 20 route which goes past the zoo and on to the Tower.

Any more up to date recommendations for sites to see the illuminations?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Any more up to date recommendations for sites to see the illuminations?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
We live in Blackpool and stayed at Blackpool South C&MC on Bank Holiday Weekend which would be convenient for the illuminations depending on how you wanted to get from the site to them. It's literally just off the end of the M55 so it's easy to get to and then about 5 mins drive on a dual carriageway to Starr Gate where the illuminations start.

The site had really good and clean facilities. We went as a family of 4 with 2 young children and they had a Baby and Toddler room with a bath and a little playground which was good for the kids.

As the site is near a main road you would be best picking the pitch the furthest away from it that you can due to the noise.

Hope this helps!
Chris

Back