Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Birmingham NEC

Can anyone confirm a positive sighting of the California T6.1 at the Birmingham NEC? I'm hearing that it's actually not going to make appearance after all and will just be the T6.
It was t there - and to be honest the level of information that we could get from the sales staff about the 6.1 was very poor - wish that they could have more knowledge people on these stands ( we only spoke to 2 so perhaps just had bad luck).

Positive it wasn’t there on Tuesday, I spent 90 minutes there talking to the guys from VW They also confirmed it would not be there.
if you saw it what colour scheme was it please

Can anyone confirm a positive sighting of the California T6.1 at the Birmingham NEC? I'm hearing that it's actually not going to make appearance after all and will just be the T6.
Confirmed, I walked inside and nosed about to my heart's content. I do like it!

Went to the show today.
Happy to say that after looking, again at the conversions, the cali is still the best.
Couldn't be bothered waiting to look inside the Grand as it's irrelevant to me.
Yes, we need to replace our Cali - looked at all the options at the NEC, found nothing to compare, so have now decided on the new (well, second hand) T6 Cali.

Yes, we need to replace our Cali - looked at all the options at the NEC, found nothing to compare, so have now decided on the new (well, second hand) T6 Cali.
Actually I was surprised to see how inferior the Westfalia vans were, with fussy & clumsy finishes. I thought they would be better quality.

The 6.1 Cali at the NEC?
I was told today that all the "Prototype press cars are in Canada" for the launch there.
Cali's for sale in North America again.........?
Why are they showing a Cali you can no longer order........ah! They have an answer for that. They still have a few stock items available.......ooooooo! Is that an opportunity for big discounts and dealer fit options.....
Not if you go to Snow's in Plymouth as we did earlier this week!

He was not insulting you. He was talking about converted vans by a company called Westfalia.

He was not insulting you. He was talking about converted vans by a company called Westfalia.
Yes i know that.
Just didn't know where the fussy and clumsy finishes are on a westy.
And yes, i know i should have one- kepler 1 its ace. But i can't have 3 camper vans cos people
will think i´ve gone mad. I'm keeping my Cali forever :)

Confirmed, I walked inside and nosed about to my heart's content. I do like it!
Was it definitely the new T6.1 and not the T6? What colour was it please?

Went to the show on Friday and must say I did enjoy myself even though the VW stand was lacking to say the least. What I was told by the VW staff was that the 6.1 vans in Canada are left hand drive. Right hand production will start at the beginning of November. 40 RHD demonstrators will therefore go into show rooms across the country during December. The first orders for 6.1's should be ready by March 2020.

Bit cynical mate
No r h d vehicles yet
Sure but would have been nice to see a left hooker at least, plus VWCS were quoted as saying that the T6.1 would be at the show. It's all about managing people's expectations which VW are pretty bad at! Three Cali's now so I'm speaking from experience.

Any one got a discount code or tickets for the NEC Sunday? Thanks in advance
Probably a bit late now but we used F2GW with senior citizens concession - our tickets were £8 each.

Been to the show today. Had a great time. Grand California is interesting. Pretty nice touches and seems well built. Shame the dash looks very dated compared to a 6.1 transporter. Not for us, far to big, but it’s lovely. Told the same as mentioned regarding 6.1 deliveries in March ish.

Shame the 6.1 wasn’t there, but some good conversions. Wouldn’t personally choose on over a California though.

Really liked the Ford Nugget. Nice (far cheaper) alternative to a California. I was told Ford have brought forward the sale of the Nugget in the UK from Feb 2020 to this week. Orders can now be placed. With brochures in the next couple of weeks. Will keep a look out for that.

Been to the show today. Had a great time. Grand California is interesting. Pretty nice touches and seems well built. Shame the dash looks very dated compared to a 6.1 transporter. Not for us, far to big, but it’s lovely. Told the same as mentioned regarding 6.1 deliveries in March ish.

Shame the 6.1 wasn’t there, but some good conversions. Wouldn’t personally choose on over a California though.

Really liked the Ford Nugget. Nice (far cheaper) alternative to a California. I was told Ford have brought forward the sale of the Nugget in the UK from Feb 2020 to this week. Orders can now be placed. With brochures in the next couple of weeks. Will keep a look out for that.

I haven’t seen the Nugget and although i thought the 3 seat bench was good, when looking at the photos, the 3rd seat looks like its only got 3 quarters of a backrest! Also thought the price was far to close to the California at just under 60k.

My summing up,
VW stand disappointing and boring, not impressed with the Grand Cali.
Converters have upped their game but also their prices, saw lots over 70k and one at 110/112k- madness.
Looking at something slightly bigger than the Cali, the Westfalia Columbus was ideal, 6m and top quality.
So many others poor quality finish. Net curtains for god's sake.

My summing up,
VW stand disappointing and boring, not impressed with the Grand Cali.
Converters have upped their game but also their prices, saw lots over 70k and one at 110/112k- madness.
Looking at something slightly bigger than the Cali, the Westfalia Columbus was ideal, 6m and top quality.
So many others poor quality finish. Net curtains for god's sake.
Hi I’d be interested knowing your areas of disappointment on the GC. I also looked at the Westfalia vans they do offer a lot but not a far off the VW when you add the options.

The GC does an amazing job of looking huge on the outside and small inside. Quality is excellent. But not much room to move around. Table feels cramped. Kitchen space narrow. Bed is huge, but not great for living in throughout the day. Dash for w new van is quality but dated.

We had the 2 free tickets offer so went on Wednesday! So many Motorhomes and caravans!! Wow. For what it’s worth I would say the Cali is still clearly the best VW camper on offer but the Grand, though very well built, is not clearly the best Crafter sized motorhome and many others such as Hymer look better. I don’t get it .... to have such a big van and no adult upstairs bed ? Not for me.

Hi I’d be interested knowing your areas of disappointment on the GC. I also looked at the Westfalia vans they do offer a lot but not a far off the VW when you add the options.
As others have said re the Grand, it's ridiculously tall considering it sleeps 2 adults, too narrow really in a Crafter for a transverse double, lots of poor small cupboards and far too much grey and white everywhere.
It's a missed opportunity for me. Should have had a decent upper bed thrown in like the old Exclusives/James Cook.
edit, re the pricing, there's not a lot included with the VW. I think it will end up a lot higher than a Westfalia when decently specced.

As others have said re the Grand, it's ridiculously tall considering it sleeps 2 adults, too narrow really in a Crafter for a transverse double, lots of poor small cupboards and far too much grey and white everywhere.
It's a missed opportunity for me. Should have had a decent upper bed thrown in like the old Exclusives/James Cook.
edit, re the pricing, there's not a lot included with the VW. I think it will end up a lot higher than a Westfalia when decently specced.
Not sure your correct re pricing, I have used the VW configurator. And have Westfalia pricing options list. Re GC I have excluded the additional bed as that space will be better utilised for storage as we do not envisage additional bodies.

Back