Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bike Rack Workstation Attachment - crazy ideas!!

Micka

Micka

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
After needing to do a bit of work on my bike a few times but either not having packed a workstand or not wanting to to save space......I started to wonder if there was a way to attach a workstation arm to the back of the rack. Has anyone else done something similar?
I've designed one and it just needs a few more bits to arrive before I can fit it........I think it will do the job fine and its seconds to remove the arm which is all that will need storing in the boot.
If anyone is interested I'll post pics when its done.

Thanks ive not seen that, but it wouldnt be ideal in the rain/mud etc as youd be on your knees or crouched over. Off ground with fork oil in the right place is what im after. Ill see how it turns out and post some pics. Its a bit Heath Robinson so i might cover up my mistakes with Hammerite

Ok so here are a few pics of version 1.1, I think after a bit of hammerite on the plate and some stickers it will look less of an eyesore. I can remove it in a few seconds and the bolts just stay in place ready for the next use. Seems to work fine and just for added security I added a removeable cable tie to the folding rack tying it to the stationary part just so it doesnt want to fall down. Also used rubber washers between plate and rack to prevent any rattles or bolts coming loose.
The arm came with an additional wall plate so I can also use the arm at home for bike wash station. Made a few mistakes on the way but all in all I'm pretty happy with it.
Total cost about £55 but most of that was the Aluminium plate which I should have got from a scrapper. Oh and I'm not including the rivet gun which I needed anyway.

Photo 28-09-2023, 12 15 44.jpg

Photo 28-09-2023, 12 16 07.jpg

Photo 28-09-2023, 12 24 22.jpg

Photo 28-09-2023, 12 24 55.jpg

Photo 28-09-2023, 13 15 41.jpg