Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beware the Multiflex board, it bites!

Tarquers

Tarquers

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Experimenting with options for rear storage whilst unpacking last night, I leant on the rear drop down section of the multiflex from inside the van. Turns out that it is not a locking catch but just a rotational pipe that acts on the hinges. Everything let go and the hinge quite neatly attempted to sever the tip of my finger and the first joint and a bit more at the second on the other side of the hinge. Managed to get hand released and repaired, but just a warning to be very careful around the catch. No idea how I managed to release it, or have a finger in the hinge but it happened. Won’t post the picture but it wasn’t pretty.

Ouch! I’ve discovered the same, but luckily not lost any blood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nasty. I keep meaning to jam some foam into the handle/catch, as it sometimes gets pressed during boot-loading, causing the section to drop. There is then a fight to push the board back up from underneath; only won if there isn’t too much gear stacked above!

Note that the sliding door can bite too. In the swimming pool car-park, I exited the side door with the dogs, telling my son to get changed quickly, whilst hitting the door-close on the key fob. As the door closed, my son reached around the blind, to lower it, trapping his four fingers between the sliding door and the aluminium blind pull. Luckily the dogs quelled their excitement as we walked away, just enough to hear the boy’s muffled screaming. His left hand was trapped, but he couldn’t open the door with his right, as it was occupied trying to relieve the pressure from the blind!
Fingers bruised & dented by the aluminium strip, but no blood/breakage and he swam it off.