Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best way to sell an Ocean

A

AndyP12345

Vehicle
Just browsing
There seem to be so many options for selling cars these days. What experience does anyone have of selling using the newer online platforms, the classifieds on here or Autotrader? We are thinking about selling our ‘70 reg high spec Ocean for a variety of personal reasons now is probably the right time never sold high value car privately. All advice gratefully received.

I sold a T6 recently for a reasonable amount of cash. I advertised on the appropriate forum but also used Wizzle and got a couple of dealer offers. I also had an excellent trade-in value from Liverpool VW, so I was able to advertise privately without too much stress. In the end, a lovely couple contacted me via PM, came, viewed then collected a few days later, having sent over the funds. It worked really well for me. So you can try various options, I'd advertise here first then work through the other avenues. I've advertised on Gumtree and Autotrader over the years for previous cars, it's much better now to try to target people who are already interested and go from there.

Sold our T5/T6/6.1 using the club site only, always sold quickly. Must say there are a lot more for sale at the moment than whenever we've sold ours. Price right, and it will go, good time to sell.

Sold ours on here, literally had calls within 10 mins of it going live, they also advertise it on the club Facebook page which is equally as busy as on here

Forum advert, sold 2 this way. Too many scammers and tyre kickers elsewhere.

I sold our Beach via this Website. I also listed on AutoTrader but that was a waste of time and money, the only response I had was from a scammer. Given re-sale values, selling a Cali privately is much better than sites like Motorway or WeBuyAnyCar which seriously undervalue Cali's in my experience. We listed the Cali in October which was clearly the wrong time of year as we had little interest but then sold it fairly quickly in the spring.

Sold within 24hrs on this site.
It has the desired audience with people who generally know what they are looking at.

Put a post on forum, something like ‘best way to sell an Ocean’ ha

Back