Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Been here a while and still a Newbee!

N

nickalifornia

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Got our Cali Ocean (6.1 2.0TDI 150PS, Metallic Fortana Red, March '21 reg - "Monica") in July 2022. Had a few trips and adventures (Scotland, England, France and Germany) and learned a lot from lurking on here for too long without introducing ourselves (apologies). Thanks to all the knowledgeable folk, I have learned a lot - it's lovely to see all the chat and advice, what a lovely group! We are now at the stage of looking at what to do as we approach first MOT, end of warranty (have a few "issues") etc. while making more travel plans...Monica 3 Dec '23.jpg

Hello there and seems you’ve done a fair bit of travelling.
I’m assuming you have the 2 rear extended warranty, so fairly worry free driving till 2026.
At least you will not need the Cam belt and Water pump replacement that up until recently was required at 4years, we unfortunately did not benefit from that by only a couple of months … annoying to say the least.
We are 5 years in May ( 3rd MOT coming up shortly) and currently considering the VW ‘All In’ package for an additional 2 years warranty cover and the other bits n pieces they throw in .

Ahh just spotted that you don’t have the initial 2year Warranty extension. So possibly worth considering the VW All In package.

thanks BeeBee, - yes - no 2 year warranty extension according to first owner (although garage (Clark Edinburgh) has not given us details of what we do have!). So I am also looking at the All-in deal. It looks a better deal from the dealer/garage than on-line from VW as includes 2 years warranty, but difficult to find details!

thanks BeeBee, - yes - no 2 year warranty extension according to first owner (although garage (Clark Edinburgh) has not given us details of what we do have!). So I am also looking at the All-in deal. It looks a better deal from the dealer/garage than on-line from VW as includes 2 years warranty, but difficult to find details!
I took out the 2 year All-In deal on the day my 3 year warranty expired and at the same time had the MOT carried out (dealer took a little 'persuasion') as one of the 2 inclusive MOT's.

However, get dealer to check online if you already have a warranty extension (not service plan) as a few months later I discovered that the previous owner had a 1 year warranty extension from new!. I am having to battle this out with both the dealer and VW, my point being I would not have bought the All-In until year Four!

Back