Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bedding

K

Kev56

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all, regarding bedding (on lower bed) Many posts on mattresses and toppers, but just wondering what goes on next?
On the mattress itself do yo use a fitted or flat sheet and what size.
Then depending on the climate, a duvet, sheet and blanket, or as we are going to use on our first night out a double sleeping bag.
Regarding the pillow, no contest for me regardless of space my Tempur stays.

We bring our normal duvet (2 singles) Or, I should say, we have extra second duvet(s) which are just always stored in the Cali's large 'clothing compartment'. In summer it's a thinner version and in winter a thicker one. Takes up quite some room I must admit, but blankets, sleeping bags, etc don't do it for me.

Our bedding: Night owl duvet which comes with its own bag fits easily in ‘wardrobe’ along with pillows, fitted sheet (Dunelm small double) and flat sheet for warm nights. Kids sleeping bags and pillows go in underbench drawer. My other half is very attached to his memory foam pillow so we bought another one and got a local upholsterer to cut it down to size. Think we’re all sorted now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our bedding: Night owl duvet which comes with its own bag fits easily in ‘wardrobe’ along with pillows, fitted sheet (Dunelm small double) and flat sheet for warm nights. Kids sleeping bags and pillows go in underbench drawer. My other half is very attached to his memory foam pillow so we bought another one and got a local upholsterer to cut it down to size. Think we’re all sorted now!

Thanks, re. the fitted sheet, how good a fit is the small double on the comfort mattress, not too baggy if you know what i mean?
Same question for duvet size and does the box depth make any difference?
This is all new to us so any help/advice is appreciated.

Hi we use sea to summit mattress downstairs and the small double sheet is perfect fit (smallest depth) I assume it would be ok on comfort mattress but if you wanted a tight fit then a single duvet cover fitted over the mattress would do the trick. The night owl duvet is standard double size so fits fine and squashes up quite small in the bag. Happy shopping!

We’re former campers...double flat sheet and sleeping bag

We have the VW mattress downstairs and as we sleep ‘one up top, one downstairs (with dog), it’s single sleeping bags and if colder, it’s plus single light weight duvets each. ( M&S)
We have the VW mattress protector cover on downstairs mattress and a fitted double sheet on upstairs.
Bedding, mattresses etc it’s all very subjective, you’ll find so many views on the forum. Ultimately it’s what works for you.

Hi we use sea to summit mattress downstairs and the small double sheet is perfect fit (smallest depth) I assume it would be ok on comfort mattress but if you wanted a tight fit then a single duvet cover fitted over the mattress would do the trick. The night owl duvet is standard double size so fits fine and squashes up quite small in the bag. Happy shopping!

We have exactly the same set up, but upstairs. Also put our sea to summit inside a double duvet cover

Back