Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach too soft

G

giarra86

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Hello everyone, I ask you if your vehicles seem too soft, in the fast corners it always seems to tip over.
I was thinking of lower, stiffer springs. Has anyone installed them? What brand did you get them from? Does it improve the rigidity of the vehicle?
I would be grateful if you also post photos of your vehicles with springs replaced

Thank you
Daniel

Hello everyone, I ask you if your vehicles seem too soft, in the fast corners it always seems to tip over.
I was thinking of lower, stiffer springs. Has anyone installed them? What brand did you get them from? Does it improve the rigidity of the vehicle?
I would be grateful if you also post photos of your vehicles with springs replaced

Thank you
Daniel

I would start with upgrading the ARB (Anti Roll Bars) and see how that feels.

The beach as standard comes with the small anti roll bars. In some markets an option was uprated bars (same as T32)

You can use Google translate on this page as well

VW 30mm lowering spring kit, approx £300 when fitted to my old Beach in 2019.
A nice compromise.

thanks you can post some pictures of your vehicle to see the result:thumb:thumb

IMG_20180809_174909.jpg
Mine's lowered too, but that is with standard springs.
Mine's the blue one.

HD Anti Roll Bars will reduce the roll and make the handling more car like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HD Anti Roll Bars will reduce the roll and make the handling more car like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
50% correct.

I’d also recommend the VW lowering kit. Had it fitted to my Ocean just last week and it’s done wonders for the handling and stance. Nice simple job too, being able to take it to Robinsons in Norwich

I've fitted Bilstein adjustable, lowers between 40-70mm I believe, mine is set close to 40mm. Completely changes the handling and lean. Far more planted with very limited body roll. I do not have any anti roll bars besides whatever was standard.Van Lowered Shot 3.jpgVan Lowered Shot 1.jpgVan Lowered Shot 2.jpg

I too found my T6 beach a bit soft. Had Eibach coilovers dealer fitted. Have them set at -40. Retained full vw warranty. Massive improvement. Firmer ride yes but personally I actually find it more comfortable than before as it's less bounce and just way more stable.

Since my Cali is in the workshop to fix the smell of diesel fumes I am driving a t6 transporter. Unloaded this is much more car like to drive and it sits so much higher in the rear. I will try to investigate which roll bars I currently have and change them.

Since my Cali is in the workshop to fix the smell of diesel fumes I am driving a t6 transporter. Unloaded this is much more car like to drive and it sits so much higher in the rear. I will try to investigate which roll bars I currently have and change them.
You seem to understand changing ARBs will somehow alter your ride height?

Up rated springs, lowered suspension, heavy duty anti roll bars, bigger rims and the list of suggestions goes on. Each to their own but I've never found any issues with either of the standard Beaches we've owned to date. If you find that on "fast corners it always seems to tip over" then why not drive a little slower through those corners. It would save you a small fortune.

Back