Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach gas bottle

B

Brownieandcath

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Picked up our 21plate cali beach camper no gas bottle suppled? Apparently we need a 904 but nowhere seems to stock them and we’ve been told they are not being replaced. The smallest is 907 which won’t fit the compartment. My question is can I get a conversion to connect the throw away gas canisters to my regulator? Thanks in advance

Can you engineer a trip to France and get one from a supermarket there?

Then refill yourself at home as per some of the threads here e.g from a calor gas bottle.

904 bottles still on the french website:

https://www.campingaz.com/FR/c-610-...ven’t found anything that is really suitable.

Last edited:
This might work - it’s the kind of thing you want - but I am not familiar with the connections on the beach camper.

Last edited:
Picked up our 21plate cali beach camper no gas bottle suppled? Apparently we need a 904 but nowhere seems to stock them and we’ve been told they are not being replaced. The smallest is 907 which won’t fit the compartment. My question is can I get a conversion to connect the throw away gas canisters to my regulator? Thanks in advance
One option is to get a Cadac grill or similar, they are anyway useful to have (portable, no smelly food issues inside the van), you can get one with disposable gas cartridges, plus keep the bed laid down downstairs.

Then when the 904’s are available, pick one up.

Check with your local Calor Gas Centre. Ours stocked 907 and 904 cylinders, but didn’t advertise it on line.
They are widely available in Europe in most supermarkets. Another place is yachting chandlers.

Oh the fun I have getting my 909 cylinder refilled in the UK!

(It gets done by a very dodgy looking setup in someone’s garden shed.)

Go outdoors Basingstoke had lots in stock 2 weeks ago

Oh the fun I have getting my 909 cylinder refilled in the UK!

(It gets done by a very dodgy looking setup in someone’s garden shed.)

What’s the benefit of a 909? Over a calor cylinder which is much cheaper and easier to refill ? New regulator £10 and you could even use propane which is better in the cold weather. ??