Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Fridge

Do not use any of the sockets on the Dashboard unless the engine is running as you will drain the engine battery.

The dashboard sockets on our beach seem to be connected to the leisure battery

" Seem to be ". How have you checked?
The Dashboard sockets are not Ignition controlled, but live all the time. Disconnect the Leisure battery and re-check.

Ah OK. So if I wanted to run a 12 fridge for example for a week while in a campsite how would that work without draining the main vehicle battery. You'd want that to come off the leisure battery surely?

I do not have a Beach, but I presume there is a 12v socket in the vehicle, other than the Dashboard?
Also your Leisure battery will not last for a week unless you have an electrical hookup with a charger to keep the Leisure battery charged.

Yes there's several 12v sockets and as far as I'm aware that all came off the leisure battery. As you say I'll test to find out for sure.

There is a charger that should keep the leisure battery topped up on hookup.

Does it fit in the other way round? I'm wondering if it could be pushed further back in the van, clearing the handbrake, but still able to open without the armrests getting in the way?

I wondered the same thing. Can it be pushed back from its current position or does the round handle that reclines the seat get in the way. I am hoping it does not as I am about to buy one!

@CannonDale is that the Waeco / domestic QR kit? Did you make that base plate yourself? Would you mind sharing which fasteners you used to connect the plate to the rails?

@CannonDale is that the Waeco / domestic QR kit? Did you make that base plate yourself? Would you mind sharing which fasteners you used to connect the plate to the rails?
Hi, I got the fasteners from Breeze in Totton, see pic for order code. The quick release kit was from the dometic store and cost £59, the wooden plate is an old kitchen cupboard
door which i have now sprayed black and looks much better.Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 20.18.37.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-17 at 20.23.17.png Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 20.23.17.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-17 at 20.18.37.png Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 20.23.17.png