Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach camper gas bottle size?

thesquirrelpatrol

thesquirrelpatrol

VIP Member
Hi guys,

anyone already have the beach camper and could tell me what size gas bottle the new camper takes?

Hi guys,

anyone already have the beach camper and could tell me what size gas bottle the new camper takes?
I’m sure I’ve got the 904 but haven’t got round to connecting it all up yet.

I’m sure I’ve got the 904 but haven’t got round to connecting it all up yet.

Yes it is. I’ve got mine fitted. Got it from Chorley gas next day delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a 904 this weekend too.
Are you guys planning to leave it connected all the time or only when in use?

Anybody know if you can convert it to run on en417 type cartridges

I paid £50 from go outdoors. New looking bottle. Definitely cheaper elsewhere but I couldn’t be bothered and we were already there! :)

Was told that it would be £27 to exchange in future.

I paid £32 for a bottle and gas.

Bottle is a little rusty though!
You should get a newly painted one when/if you exchange at an authorised Dealer

Just a heads up. Calor Gas Centre's sell/exchange Campigaz 907/904 bottles but don't advertise the fact, so my local centre advised me.

With the right adapters & connectors, this is possible. Was thinking about it myself, but decided not to go ahead with it. It might be considered a change to the gas installation by insurance company, which I didn’t want to risk. My policy (belgium) states I’m not allowed to alter anything to the car...

Hi Guys following on from the above post with your ' Beach Camper ' did you get the :

- Holder for Gas Cylinder
- Belt for the Holder

Went to fit mine last night but noticed as per the manual these items were not in the van page 52 in Manual FIG 60. Item 5 & 6 ? - I have e-mailed dealer but not heard back yet just wondered if anyone else has them ?

Thanks

Hi Guys following on from the above post with your ' Beach Camper ' did you get the :

- Holder for Gas Cylinder
- Belt for the Holder

Went to fit mine last night but noticed as per the manual these items were not in the van page 52 in Manual FIG 60. Item 5 & 6 ? - I have e-mailed dealer but not heard back yet just wondered if anyone else has them ?

Thanks
Yes I did… it was in the pack with the torches / power adapter / cup holders….

DB6C3A6A-F1BC-44AC-91D6-B7D6316C6954.jpeg

D9645673-55B3-4371-BE2A-D4B0FA0A48CC.jpeg

OK great thanks , at least i know it should be there will check with dealer as had a couple of bits missing . Thanks

See my pictures on this thread here:

Certainly possible, whether it is advisable is a separate matter.. I used cadaq QR connectors and regulators.