Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach bed dimensions

I

Iain-Le-Roi

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi
Are the Beach (3 seat bench) 6.1 bed dimensions as per the attached diagram (with cut outs for boot space)? I assume they are the same as for the 6.0. I am getting a Duvalay mattress topper and this is the mock up of the size they have on file.

Thanks
ILR

Attachments

• VW California Beach.pdf
    20.8 KB · Views: 209
@AlisonF
Sorry to be a pain but while you are offering to answer questions. Do the dimensions seem correct that are attached to the the start of this thread?

@AlisonF
Sorry to be a pain but while you are offering to answer questions. Do the dimensions seem correct that are attached to the the start of this thread?
Having had a couple of glasses of wine “ I think it is in both our interests if I postpone that until tomorrow “ (sorry that sounds so formal, I had the voice in my mind of grrr can’t remember, thespian actor?)

Hi Iain, previous post ;

thanks .. no rush at all

Hi Iain, previous post ;

That doesn’t show the cut outs unfortunately.
Just longest and widest points

Having had a couple of glasses of wine “ I think it is in both our interests if I postpone that until tomorrow “ (sorry that sounds so formal, I had the voice in my mind of grrr can’t remember, thespian actor?)

Last post was meant to say
:D:D This was meant to say earlier.. I’m thinking Richard E Grant in withnail and I

Hi Alison. Did you have chance to look at those dimensions? Sorry to be cheeky. It particularly
around the cut out corner near the back as I was concerned as want it to be a really good fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not sure if you got the answers you need, but having had the seat mechanism fixed today, finally able to measure the VW mattress that came with my beach. Quite a surprise.

Width 146 cm
length 183 cm (my feet stick over the end!)
at the tailgate end, width 127cm, recess depth in total 20 cm, recess to start of curve out, 10 cm.

Must admit I was surprised at the length of the bed, always assumed the downstairs bed was closer to 2m.

Hi @Tarquers - That is great timing actually as my Beach has just landed in the UK. I was going to hang on and wait until it arrived to press the button on the fitted Duvalay but seeing your measurements I have finalised the order and hopefully it will now arrive at a similar time to my Van. :cheers

Hi @Tarquers - That is great timing actually as my Beach has just landed in the UK. I was going to hang on and wait until it arrived to press the button on the fitted Duvalay but seeing your measurements I have finalised the order and hopefully it will now arrive at a similar time to my Van. :cheers
great stuff. I must admit, I had to measure the rear bed several times as I was expecting it to be longer, must be the 2 seat version with the longer bed.

Yes, it must be. I thought the beach was more like 2M. I'm only 5 foot 10 so will get away with it

It’s a great drive and progress from other ones I have owned. Find the suspension a bit bouncy, speed bumps even at low speed make the traction control come on, but overall very happy.

Do need to source a gas bottle, will have to wait until I can pop across the border to Germany and pick them up as bizarrely not sold here!

have done a couple of long runs (go collect visas) and having somewhere for lunch in comfort is a bonus! I hope to get out a bit more with improving weather, but no regrets so far.

Back