Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach 3 Seater Mattress Topper (Zonesleep)

Jim Dawson

Jim Dawson

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi All,

I'm in the midst of planning our first Cali Road trip (France/Spain for two weeks), and have decided to invest in a decent mattress topper for our Cali Beach 3 Seater Bench Seat. Kids will be up top and down stairs for me and the wife.

I've had a good look at the posts on the forum and I'm leaning towards coughing up for the "Zonesleep Downstairs Mattress Topper for the VW California Beach" advertised in the Club shop, however, I've a few questions

1. Is the Zonesleep topper directly on top of the bench seat comfy enough?
  2. How thick is the "Zonesleep Downstairs Mattress Topper for the VW California Beach"?
  3. What is the difference between the "Zonesleep Downstairs Mattress Topper for the VW California Beach" advertised in the Club shop, and the Kingsize Zonesleep Mattress Topper advertised on the Zonesleep website (there's a significant price difference)?

https://zonesleep.co.uk/product/zonesleep-mattress-topper/
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/p...pper-vw-california-beach-7-seater#prettyPhoto

Any pictures from owners would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jim
:cheers

I will do my best Jim:

1. Not for us, we use it to improve the total effect when combined with the VW Comfort mattress. The beach's seat is more car like than the 2-seater in the beach and ocean and has more sculpting. It really needs more than just a topper for us. But we are in the realms of trying to create a kings size bed feel rather than just a camping experience.
2.I am sorry, I am not sure of the dimensions but if you call Zonesleep they couldn't be more helpful.
3. The difference is the number of internal layers that make up the topper. If I recall it is 3 vs 2. The dimensions are also a little changed - a touch shorter and two cu outs at the rear for to allow for the constricted last 8 inches.

We are happy with ours - even with the additional bulk as have found that if we don't sleep while on holiday then it doesn't matter how sunny it is.

I will do my best Jim:

1. Not for us, we use it to improve the total effect when combined with the VW Comfort mattress. The beach's seat is more car like than the 2-seater in the beach and ocean and has more sculpting. It really needs more than just a topper for us. But we are in the realms of trying to create a kings size bed feel rather than just a camping experience.
2.I am sorry, I am not sure of the dimensions but if you call Zonesleep they couldn't be more helpful.
3. The difference is the number of internal layers that make up the topper. If I recall it is 3 vs 2. The dimensions are also a little changed - a touch shorter and two cu outs at the rear for to allow for the constricted last 8 inches.

We are happy with ours - even with the additional bulk as have found that if we don't sleep while on holiday then it doesn't matter how sunny it is.

Thanks for the feedback...

Both the Beach Specific Zonesleep and Kingsize advertised on the Zonesleep website say that they have 3 layers, however, the Zonesleep website says the topper is only 2.5cm thick. This seems very thin to make much of a comfort difference sleeping on the Beach 3 Seater bench.. o_O

Can you tell me the rough thickness of your Beach Specific Zonesleep topper, as this may justify the £150 price difference between the Cali Shop and Zonesleep website?

:thanks

Back