Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

BBC Iplayer and Projectors

Nick Stubbs

Nick Stubbs

The Rodent.
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi all
came to use our projector the other day with I player content downloaded to an iPad only to find that said content would not play the video, searching around the net it appears that the BBC have put in some code somewhere to detect a HDMI cable connection to stop I player being projected so it cannot be shown to a crowd, if this is the case its a bit unfair on the couple or family who want a bit of entertainment. Netflix and other stuff works ok, has anyone come across this and come up with a work around other than streaming as trying to keep data usage to a minimum. Thanks.

Which projector? Some of the manufacturers will offer up a modified firmware to over come this.

Hi all
came to use our projector the other day with I player content downloaded to an iPad only to find that said content would not play the video, searching around the net it appears that the BBC have put in some code somewhere to detect a HDMI cable connection to stop I player being projected so it cannot be shown to a crowd, if this is the case its a bit unfair on the couple or family who want a bit of entertainment. Netflix and other stuff works ok, has anyone come across this and come up with a work around other than streaming as trying to keep data usage to a minimum. Thanks.
Are you using a genuine Apple cable?

We had a similar issue playing Netflix on Apeman projector from an Iphone. It wouldn't work with a cable purchased on Amazon...but would work with a genuine Apple cable.

Are you using a genuine Apple cable?

We had a similar issue playing Netflix on Apeman projector from an Iphone. It wouldn't work with a cable purchased on Amazon...but would work with a genuine Apple cable.
Yes been down that route, ended up with genuine Apple cable when we first got the projector. Thanks

I have found that I can stream iPlayer over Wi-Fi to Apple TV then via HDMI to my surround sound receiver then to projector…… but weirdly enough IPlayer won’t play downloaded videos via the same route :oops::oops: