Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bargain.

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Portmeirion the Italianate village in North Wales have a new campsite recently opened.
£50 a night with hookup, water and TV. Sounds a lot but this includes entry to the village for two people which is £17 pp so the campsite costs £16.
The site is superb. New heated toilets/showers, very well laid out and the village can be visited out of hours to get some great pictures without the crowds.
Tip. If you go now do NOT park under one of the oak trees. The acorns constantly landing on the roof sound like gunshots and kept us awake.

View attachment GOPR0567.JPG

Portmeirion the Italianate village in North Wales have a new campsite recently opened.
£50 a night with hookup, water and TV. Sounds a lot but this includes entry to the village for two people which is £17 pp so the campsite costs £16.
The site is superb. New heated toilets/showers, very well laid out and the village can be visited out of hours to get some great pictures without the crowds.
Tip. If you go now do NOT park under one of the oak trees. The acorns constantly landing on the roof sound like gunshots and kept us awake.

View attachment 99986
Is there a name or a link. Quick search gives many options nearby but none within the village. If no, then will do a detailed search later

Looks like a nice site that Brian!

No dogs - excellent. Having recently returned for a site where the next door dog kept leaving us "presents" every day. The owners did not care. Eventually the site manager sorted it out. All very unpleasant, dog and owners, and certainly spoilt our stay.

View attachment 99986

Thanks for the tip - we’ve booked for next weekend. Will try to avoid acorns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No dogs - excellent. Having recently returned for a site where the next door dog kept leaving us "presents" every day. The owners did not care. Eventually the site manager sorted it out. All very unpleasant, dog and owners, and certainly spoilt our stay.
I'm a dog owner and get what you're saying. Some people don't keep their dogs under control; mind you some people don't keep their feral kids under control either. There are even some who don't keep their obnoxious husbands/wives etc under control. The world is full of gobshites. Please don't tar all dog owners as the same. Most are very good. Most campers are very accommodating fortunately.

We were in Barmouth/Nantlle/Anglesey a couple of weeks ago and we couldn't visit Portmerion, which was disappointing.

I'm a dog owner and get what you're saying. Some people don't keep their dogs under control; mind you some people don't keep their feral kids under control either. There are even some who don't keep their obnoxious husbands/wives etc under control. The world is full of gobshites. Please don't tar all dog owners as the same. Most are very good. Most campers are very accommodating fortunately.

We were in Barmouth/Nantlle/Anglesey a couple of weeks ago and we couldn't visit Portmerion, which was disappointing.
The thing is I see bags of dog sh1t chucked everywhere these days. Every dog owner I talk to about this says they don't do it. But it is ONLY dog owners that are doing this filthy practice. Its not the none dog owners picking up sh1t and throwing it around is it. Agree on the kids

The thing is I see bags of dog sh1t chucked everywhere these days. Every dog owner I talk to about this says they don't do it. But it is ONLY dog owners that are doing this filthy practice. Its not the none dog owners picking up sh1t and throwing it around is it. Agree on the kids

Why people bag their dog poo and then don’t dispose of it properly is a mystery. Far better to find a stick and flick it into undergrowth. I suppose the only possible reason might be those on a circular walk intending to retrieve the poo hung on a low branch on their return. An hour later they conveniently “forget”.

I suggest the following. Anyone caught not clearing their dog’s poo is put on parade at the next village fete. Punters, at a pound a time, catapult the poo at the paraded offenders.

I have 3 dogs. Giftwrapped dog turds flung about randomly cause me utter despair, as it does indeed tar us all with the same brush

A puzzling and pernicious practice. I am guilty of having run out of poo bags with my pooch crouching and crimping off a length, my panic gently rising. No other dog walkers about. I have usually found a face mask or something to contain the muck in until I have found a bin, but have to admit to once having nothing and nudging it (dry thankfully) into the drain. There are always options, but bagging it and hanging a turd bauble on a tree is not one of them.

I heard some campervan owners poo in bags too;)