Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bad back Mattress

mikeelawson

mikeelawson

BOOMEL
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Would appreciate some guidance. We have cracked downstairs mattress with Duvalay, however upstairs still an issue with me and my bad back. I have tried a 5cm self inflating mattress, however not much better, perhaps I should go with 10cm. Ideally I am looking for something that can me cushiony comfort and I can leave in the roof space (hence SIM). Any thoughts / recommendations would be much appreciated (currently on track to swap out my 5cm Outwell SIM for a 10cm). Regards, Mike

Would appreciate some guidance. We have cracked downstairs mattress with Duvalay, however upstairs still an issue with me and my bad back. I have tried a 5cm self inflating mattress, however not much better, perhaps I should go with 10cm. Ideally I am looking for something that can me cushiony comfort and I can leave in the roof space (hence SIM). Any thoughts / recommendations would be much appreciated (currently on track to swap out my 5cm Outwell SIM for a 10cm). Regards, Mike
@mikeelawson , ditch the standard top mattress and use only a Duvalay. Do you have the thicker 5cm one?

If you already have the Duvalay below, use that on top (without the mattress) and see if that feels any better - unless you have already tried that and it does not work.

If you can get hold of a Sea to Summit double mattress it looks like others with back problems have used it and kept it upstairs (with the original one removed). We have the downstairs one and my husband (hip and shoulder problems) says it is extremely comfortable.

Back