Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

awnings

graeme

graeme

VIP Member
Hi Just bought my 2nd hand cali. It came with an Outdoor Revolution Easy Canopi awning. You thread the awning throught the fitted guide line. It has two sized beadings, but both are very hard to push through so very hard to errect. The previous owner never used it but saw it demonstarated to him by the shop he bought it from and said it went through really easy. Is there something I am doing wrong? do any other members have this type of awning?

I did use a 6mmx4mm but found it pulled out my roll out awning as to loose at the ends ,so got 6mmx6mm and works perfect with the rollout and figure 8 :)

Martin said:
We have totally confused him now Lee :lol:

Lol lol ... Hope not ...

My omnistar takes the 6x6 double beaded (kador) strip onto the figure 8 that deffo has to have 6mm .....
Now my omnistar will take the 6x4 but is loose and at ends does pull out slightly.
Maybe exchange of photo'd would help ?

But they both will work :)

thank you both for your quick replies. but being new to all this I am confused. not sure what you mean by a Kador or figure 8. my van has a rail fitted to a rail! I assume I fit the beading to the one on top. If I am not mistaken the extra rail is also used for drive in awnings since it has a lip on top. the awning seems to have the two size beadings. one is too thin - it pops out. do you think I can take off the top rail and fit to the one below?
great forum this I must say....

Hi Nick,

yes what I have is something like the first pic the reimo multirail. I don't have the roll out awning the one I have is an alternative to this where you thread the beading (now know it is the kador!) through this rail. the problem is that it is difficult to do and seems very tight and hard to pull through there are two thicknesses of beading and seems to be a problem with both. I just thought there must be some sort of knack with this to run it through easily.

Sorry fella I didn't realise you didn't have the omnistar awning ....
In theory the 4mmx6mm double bead (kador) strip should go into it ... It will be slightly tight and as it hangs down while you pull it through someone else guiding it will make it easier ,but it shouldn't be really tight ...I'm not sure if they do a 3mmx6 mm ?

I use a 3 x 6 on mine and its fine. Maybe a little bit loose but doesn't pull through.

thanks to you all. I will keep practicing, but secretly thinking I should get the rollout awning fitted, seems an awful lot handier.

If you have a second rail attached to the original cali rail (as in the picture), have you tried removing this second rail? Then you could see if it is easier to just thread the kador through the cali rail.

choplee said:
In theory the 4mmx6mm double bead (kador) strip should go into it ... It will be slightly tight and as it hangs down while you pull it through someone else guiding it will make it easier ,but it shouldn't be really tight ...I'm not sure if they do a 3mmx6 mm ?

Lee

Is this Carry on Camping? Are you sure you're talking about the Awning?

:D

James

Custard said:
choplee said:

Lee

Is this Carry on Camping? Are you sure you're talking about the Awning?

:D

James

Lol .....to much caffeine this morning while clearing that white stuff at work .. Lol