Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning painted

C

Chris

Couple of weeks ago I said to my dad he should paint the awning the same colour as the van (sand beige)
Peer pressure is great, he went and done it.
The result is so much better.

Will try and take some pictures tomorrow.

That's cool Chris I have heard of people getting them vinyl wrapped but not painted
Looking forward to the pics. :thumb

Difficult to picture but hopefully you can see the colour. Its a vast improvement on the light grey. Not sure I want to change my Cali's black awning to fresco green, but my on parents sand biege it works really well.

P1010307.JPG P1010308.JPG

Looks good Chris. I think black awnings look ok on certain colour cali's anyway :thumb

Wow !! That looks really good - excellent work. As Mr Sand Beige, I would be interested to know how this was achieved and what the cost was, if that is possible?

Bob

Looks good Chris. :thumb

Do you know if your Dad used any kind of Etch Primer on the awnings plastic bits to get the top paint coat to stick.

Cost, not sure as it was a job for job :grin:
It was a quick job. Finished in 24hours with a bake.
. Can of paint was £80 and only used a quarter. Willing to sell the left overs ;)

Can't say if he used a plastic undercoat.
Worryingly the finish is better than the van. A professional spray is so much better than a robot.

They should offer this as a factory order, it looks so much better when it matches :thumb

Back