Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning legs won’t lock

W

Wongo

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
used awning for the first time, can’t seem to look the kegs with tbe plastic locking lever, don’t want to force them they seem flimsy, any clues folks?

push the " metal catch " that the plastic locking lever latches onto in a bit with a screwdriver ... catch my drift ?

you only have to do this once ... they then lock without the worry you will snap the levers off ...

basically you just want to take a bit of tension off of the lock position ...

^ agree , but some of the new t6 legs are impossible to lock without help the first time ...

Also note that the plastic levers don't move all the way up to the vertical to lock them. Don't be surprised if they're still sticking out a bit at an angle once set.

OK I will try easing them in with a screwdriver on first try, thanks all.

I would only add that when you push do it at the bottom end nearest to the metal leg so there is as little leverage on the plastic as possible. It does get easier, but it is worrying the first time, you are frightened it's going to break.

I would only add that when you push do it at the bottom end nearest to the metal leg so there is as little leverage on the plastic as possible. It does get easier, but it is worrying the first time, you are frightened it's going to break.

The first time I put mine out I thought I was doing something wrong and that they were going to break. They do seem a little flimsy!

You push the clips up, not down, to lock them in place. The first time we used it, it took us ages to work this out!