Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awaiting our GC 680

Julie Stallard

Julie Stallard

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi, we have just sold our T6 in preparation for our new GC680 which is due in November. We are based in Kent and have hired a GC680 for our summer Europe trip this year. Very excited in finding out what we need and what will work with our 2 cockapoos in tow :)

Hi, we have just sold our T6 in preparation for our new GC680 which is due in November. We are based in Kent and have hired a GC680 for our summer Europe trip this year. Very excited in finding out what we need and what will work with our 2 cockapoos in tow :)
Hi, welcome to the forum and to Cali ownership. Exciting times ahead!

After hiring one what options did you go for?

We haven't used the hire one yet but we have ordered our already. We've gone for the air conditioning and quite a few other options. I think if you're spending that much money you might as well make it what you want :cool:

I hope you get it in November!
I've no date yet , apparently due to the changeover to 2023 year model.
Ordered October 2021 my dealer says November (optimistically)

I just spoke to the guy at Campervantastic where we're hiring a GC680 and he said they ordered another GC680 in July 2021 and they are still waiting to take delivery. Apparently all the electric are produced in Ukraine and they haven't re-started to build them yet but who knows.......

They are back in production and quite a few are taking delivery of them, especially when you go on the German forum's.
Mr T on this forum picked his up a couple of weeks ago.

I don't know how the GC production compares with MAN TGE. I ordered a very bespoke spec LWB TGE last August, latest news is that it will be built in week 32 (August 8th to 14th). The MAN salesman cannot confirm if this will be a 2022 or 2023 model, time will tell and the VIN number will confirm (10th digit N or P {they don't use 'O'}).
By the way, how is the end price working out compared with the quote when it was ordered? Are VW honouring the original quote even if it the quote is over twelve months old?

I've had no correspondence about a price increase even though I will be outside the shorter protection period with the GC and I've discussed the order at length with Vw .

They are back in production and quite a few are taking delivery of them, especially when you go on the German forum's.
Mr T on this forum picked his up a couple of weeks ago.
Yep I ordered July 2021 and took delivery a couple of weeks ago. Mine went into build week 4 (end of Jan) then stopped and sidelined for a number of months with little info on the actual reason for delays.
However it is here now!
Stay patient, it will come eventually!

I don't know how the GC production compares with MAN TGE. I ordered a very bespoke spec LWB TGE last August, latest news is that it will be built in week 32 (August 8th to 14th). The MAN salesman cannot confirm if this will be a 2022 or 2023 model, time will tell and the VIN number will confirm (10th digit N or P {they don't use 'O'}).
By the way, how is the end price working out compared with the quote when it was ordered? Are VW honouring the original quote even if it the quote is over twelve months old?
Thought MY changes July, Could be wrong. but hopefully not

No they are not.
I was very lucky but I know others who had the same timeline as me (different dealership) were not so lucky and were expected to pay several thousand more than the price at time of ordering.