Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Average mileage?

K

keacal2705

I realise this to be vastly different fom one driver to another. But I was surprised at the difference in insurance quote when I dropped my annual mileage guess from 12000 down to 10000. I guess the only way I can see what it was on my previous car is from mot's.

The lady at the insurance company seemed to think 12,000 was high, hence I dropped it a bit. So what do you guys clock up annually? I am intending to drive mine for work purposes but as an estate agent I don't drive far from my office much.

Hi. That's interesting. I assumed I was unique and the only Cali driving Estate Agent! Must say that I have never had a vehicle that creates so much interest on viewings! I insure mine for 8,000 miles per annum. and haven't gone over this yet. Wasn't easy getting business use but Comfort came good. I think the important thing is if you are going to go over your stated mileage let the insurance company know and increase it before you do. Jules

Ha ha, that is very interesting.

I too thought I would be unique! Well at least we can make a brew when waiting for our viewers to turn up!

To be honest, I am concerned about the mileage clocking up and losing value on the cali but it solves a problem at home with our older cars.

It was Comfort who did it for me too and they were a different league quote wise to others.

I will be doing a mileage check after 3 months, annualise it and see how I am faring.

Cheers :thumb

Comfort will up your mileage, for a fee of course, should you need to. I had to increase mine from 8000 due to doing 3500 in Europe on holiday in march. Upped it to unlimited for about £40.
My cali is my only vehicle so thinking about it 8000 was a tad optimistic !

That's good news Andy - we've managed to do 3000 miles in 7 weeks and were wondering what it would cost to up the mileage allowance- so many places to go and so much fun to be had!

Back