Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxiliary heater starting by itself while driving.

F

Fravez

Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
The auxiliary heater starts ehile I’m driving blowing hot air. Doesen’t matter is it is off on the display panel. I eaven put veicle heating on lowest temp and AC on. Auxiliary heater starts snd blow hot air...
Somebody that had same experience
CALI T5 2.0 TDI 4 motion 2015
Happy holidays
Franco

Have you programmed it without knowing ?

Last edited:
Good question. I will check. Anyway, if programmed, shouldn’t show it on display when it starts? He just start blowing hot air. Anything shows on display.

The auxiliary heater starts ehile I’m driving blowing hot air. Doesen’t matter is it is off on the display panel. I eaven put veicle heating on lowest temp and AC on. Auxiliary heater starts snd blow hot air...
Somebody that had same experience
CALI T5 2.0 TDI 4 motion 2015
Happy holidays
Franco
How do you know it is the Auxilliary Parking Heater?
Where is the Hot Air coming from, which vent?

Have you got the 3 Zone Climatronic Heating/ Air Con system.

if you have, what are the Rear Controls set on?

Air are coming from the outlet on the floor beside the passenger door and the one beside the slide door. The 3 zone clima are all on 18C
All air condition system outlet are blowing cold air.

Air are coming from the outlet on the floor beside the passenger door and the one beside the slide door. The 3 zone clima are all on 18C
All air condition system outlet are blowing cold air.
The Auxilliary Heater does Not use the outlet by the sliding door, only the outlet on the B Pillar next to the passenger seat on your LHD vehicle.
I think you will find, if you examine it closely, the hot air is only coming from the outlet , below the Cupholder, by the sliding seat. This comes from the Heater/AirCon unit in the rear, behind the R hand panel in the boot area.
maybe a control flap has stuck on full heat.

If the aux heater is on you would clearly hear it if you pulled over and took a look. I've had the heat coming from behind and it was the rear heat controls on full whilst my front ones were on cold. Press rear on the dash and turn it down. Or sync. Easy mistake to make though

Ive got the same problem heat coming from B pillar night heater vent, when engine is running, and control panel shows night heater off.
Ive had the van from new over 3 years and 22000 miles and its only just started doing this!
Any suggestions.

Ive got the same problem heat coming from B pillar night heater vent, when engine is running, and control panel shows night heater off.
Ive had the van from new over 3 years and 22000 miles and its only just started doing this!
Any suggestions.
Do you have the 3 zone Climatronic heating system?
If so, what is the rear heating set on?

Yes I do have 3 zone climate heating system. The rear is set to the same 19degrees !
I have had this van for 3 years so its nothing I am doing it has just started doing it itself!

Not sure this will help your particular problem @Rich B but worth a try as it only takes a minute. I had a heater problem recently and this sent by @WelshGas sorted it.

Just had this issue and this thread helped. It felt like the Auxillary heater was on however it was not.

The heat increase button in the back of the Cali control panel had lodged itself permanently on, sending the whole system into chaos.

Back