Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Aux. Heater will NOT turn off.

L

Laidback

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just had our 2019 Cali Ocean 150 serviced. It went in for the oil service and a check on the fridge (sorry freezer), which seems to be unable to be adjusted to the various temperatures levels.
However the garage are going to change the fridge this week, but the garage appears to have induced another problem in that, the aux heater comes on by itself when being driven (ie with the engine running ) and is pumping out very high temps. into the interior of the van through the vent just behind the drivers seat.
The Central Control Panel indicates that the heater is off, and not on timer. I have tried setting the temp to level 1, but after driving it reverts to level 7 or 8. On a recent trip to other side of Bristol we have had to stop several times on the way up and back to try and cool the interior of the van. The I/O switch on the CCP shows red when the ignition is turned on, and can not be turned off. When the fridge and/or heater is switched on the heater/fridge symbols are illuminated in Orange. The heater symbol is NOT showing orange when the van is being driven.
Any suggestions please.

Just had our 2019 Cali Ocean 150 serviced. It went in for the oil service and a check on the fridge (sorry freezer), which seems to be unable to be adjusted to the various temperatures levels.
However the garage are going to change the fridge this week, but the garage appears to have induced another problem in that, the aux heater comes on by itself when being driven (ie with the engine running ) and is pumping out very high temps. into the interior of the van through the vent just behind the drivers seat.
The Central Control Panel indicates that the heater is off, and not on timer. I have tried setting the temp to level 1, but after driving it reverts to level 7 or 8. On a recent trip to other side of Bristol we have had to stop several times on the way up and back to try and cool the interior of the van. The I/O switch on the CCP shows red when the ignition is turned on, and can not be turned off. When the fridge and/or heater is switched on the heater/fridge symbols are illuminated in Orange. The heater symbol is NOT showing orange when the van is being driven.
Any suggestions please.
When you say the “ Heater vent “ behind the driver, do you mean the vent at the B Pillar, next to the sliding door? Or is hot air coming forward from the vent next to the sliding bench seat?
What temperature is the Rear heating set at?

The I/O switch on the CCP always shows red when the ignition is switched On withe the Control Panel Off.
The Parking Heater temperature always re-sets to Level 7 if the Control Panel is switched Off.

Can you hear the aux heater running when you park up but leave the engine on?you should hear it burning. What happens on hook up? Do you have remote control.? Try resetting the panel by disconnecting the battery for a bit.

When you say the “ Heater vent “ behind the driver, do you mean the vent at the B Pillar, next to the sliding door? Or is hot air coming forward from the vent next to the sliding bench seat?
What temperature is the Rear heating set at?

The I/O switch on the CCP always shows red when the ignition is switched On withe the Control Panel Off.
The Parking Heater temperature always re-sets to Level 7 if the Control Panel is switched Off.
Hi WG, thanks for reply, the vent referred to is the one in the B pillar at the base. The rear heating was set to HIGH, (not of my choice or reset by me), but assume this was reset by the garage after the replacement of air/pollen filters etc, and AC check?
The info you have supplied regarding the I/O symbol and that the parking heater resets to Level 7, has been noted, thanks again. Can't test if the reset of rear heating has solved the problem at this time, but will come back to the forum.

Can you hear the aux heater running when you park up but leave the engine on?you should hear it burning. What happens on hook up? Do you have remote control.? Try resetting the panel by disconnecting the battery for a bit.
Thanks Flying Banana, can't answer your questions at this time but will try your suggestions if the rear heater settings do not work. Thanks for taking time to reply.

Hi WG, thanks for reply, the vent referred to is the one in the B pillar at the base. The rear heating was set to HIGH, (not of my choice or reset by me), but assume this was reset by the garage after the replacement of air/pollen filters etc, and AC check?
The info you have supplied regarding the I/O symbol and that the parking heater resets to Level 7, has been noted, thanks again. Can't test if the reset of rear heating has solved the problem at this time, but will come back to the forum.
It will. The same thing happened to another Forum member.
I think you will find that the hot air was coming from the heater vent at the base of the Cupholder at the side of the bench seat

I think you will find that the hot air was coming from the heater vent at the base of the Cupholder at the side of the bench seat
I think that was me a few years ago. Although it appeared to be heat from the b pillar vent, in reality it was being blown forward from the rear vent. Unbeknown to me, someone had played with the rear heating controls and set a high temperature. The easy fix in my case was a quick press of the ‘sync’ button - problem solved.

Well done WG, went for long drive after sync/rear press, and the passenger area did not heat up, many thanks.

Well done WG, went for long drive after sync/rear press, and the passenger area did not heat up, many thanks.
Glad it’s sorted.

Any suggestions please.

Any suggestions please.
I have same problem. Parked up in cold weather for 3days. Engine been off for entire time with ignition off. Turned off aux heater & shows no light on aux control but heater keeps pumping out heat. How can I stop this please?

I have same problem. Parked up in cold weather for 3days. Engine been off for entire time with ignition off. Turned off aux heater & shows no light on aux control but heater keeps pumping out heat. How can I stop this please?
So after 3 days with engine Off and auxiliary Parking Heater Off, you still have hot air blowing out from the 2 vents at the bottom of the B pillar behind the drivers seat?
What voltage is showing on the Camping Control Panel?