Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ascot Grey

I didn’t have a build week as such so I am afraid I can’t say. LVC advertised a Coast for sale and I tried to buy it but someone put a deposit down so I couldn’t have it. LVC had another already being built so I had that one instead. They gave me a good discount and the spec was a bit better and it is now in transit.
Well cant wait to see photos end of the month - better get shopping for all those things youll need!!

LVC has just been in touch. My Ascot Grey Coast has now been shipped and is on schedule fir delivery towards the end of this month. Yippee
Congratulations!
Photos will be obligatory I’m afraid ... please

Well cant wait to see photos end of the month - better get shopping for all those things youll need!!
Lol. Already done. I think I’m going to get it ceramic coated as well. Photo’s will follow

Lol. Already done. I think I’m going to get it ceramic coated as well. Photo’s will follow
Same. Would love to know who you go with, if you get the inside done as well etc. Well worth the investment

Very organized!
Yes I would love more details about ceramic coating - newbie to this new vehicle malarky & havent much of a clue about whats best so very interested to hear more about ceramic coating!!

Very organized!
Yes I would love more details about ceramic coating - newbie to this new vehicle malarky & havent much of a clue about whats best so very interested to hear more about ceramic coating!!
Yes me too, does it work well on the non metallic colours such as the Ascot grey

Very organized!
Hi Jenny
I have been in contact with GT Performance in York and they have quoted me £575 for their protection package. This includes bodywork,glass and wheels all treated. Quite a lot of money but how good will your vehicle look then. Makes washing a doddle as well.

Hi Jenny
I have been in contact with GT Performance in York and they have quoted me £575 for their protection package. This includes bodywork,glass and wheels all treated. Quite a lot of money but how good will your vehicle look then. Makes washing a doddle as well.
Thanks Moz I will look into that too.
Ive just had an update that my Coast is at the port in Germany!!!
Need to get shopping now!

Same. Would love to know who you go with, if you get the inside done as well etc. Well worth the investment
I have just received a quote from a local detailer in York. GT Performance. They have quoted £575 and that includes all bodywork windows and wheels. Makes keeping ghe van clean a doddle although the initial cost is quite a lot.

I have just received a quote from a local detailer in York. GT Performance. They have quoted £575 and that includes all bodywork windows and wheels. Makes keeping ghe van clean a doddle although the initial cost is quite a lot.
That’s a bargain - I haven’t had a quite for less than £800. I wonder what product they use. I will seek a quote from GT Performance

That's a decent quote. We paid £599 so comparable and so far looks great and certainly does make cleaning much easier.

That’s a bargain - I haven’t had a quite for less than £800. I wonder what product they use. I will seek a quote from GT Performance
Yes. Go on their website and all the details are there. They have a good reputation and the guy Mark who runs the place is highly regarded.

Yes. Go on their website and all the details are there. They have a good reputation and the guy Mark who runs the place is highly regarded.
Just spoke to Mark, nice guy. He uses Gtechniq (the one most rate as the best it seems) and xpel ppf (again the best), which he quoted c£1450 for all in. That is polish and front end ppf then ceramic the lot including wheels and windows. He will need the Cali for 4 days...
I forgot to ask about bellows and interior...

Ascot Grey would have been choice #1 for my Cali Coast, but not an option on the 'Edition' spec. Most of the other color choices were uninspiring tbh so went with 2nd best. Pure Grey. Its got different tonality depending on the lighting. Has anyone seen this color in person. Thoughts?

Ascot Grey would have been choice #1 for my Cali Coast, but not an option on the 'Edition' spec. Most of the other color choices were uninspiring tbh so went with 2nd best. Pure Grey. Its got different tonality depending on the lighting. Has anyone seen this color in person. Thoughts?

Neither 'Edition' spec (no digital dash?) or Pure Grey are available in the UK. Colour looks great.
Good to see the black Springfield wheels (the best looking imo), and the black b-pillars and wing mirrors too, all of which come on the Sport Pack here, but that also has darker tinted living area windows and a black underguard - neither seem to be on the 'Edition'.
That beep on the electric door is annoying though?

The Coast is pretty low spec but opting for an Edition you get the cosmetic tweaks you mention. Plus LED headlights, rear lights and internal lighting package, plus shower, comfort mattress, privacy glass and black 17" Aracaju wheels. Stuff like the digital display are options.
The model in the YT vid is an Ocean so is a little higher spec than the Coast but not as high as a base Ocean in the UK.

Looks really nice especially with the black wheels.
The bronze one also looks great - looks as though it’s been ruggedised?

The bronze looks like a custom paint job. I like the subtle beige colour transition low down.

Gives me a Dakar vibe

Looks like an Ascot Grey Ocean behind the GC on this new Cali Chris review. Looks great.