Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are you a Prepper?

Aidy P

Aidy P

Don't play that 'What If?' game, you'll never win!
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
The weather has turned so I’ve been searching for things to watch on Netflix. Has anyone seen Doosday Preppers? It’s not meant to be a comedy but it’s hilarious. Each episode follows an American ‘prepper’ and their plans for a major apocalyptic event. These range from economic collapse, disease outbreaks, solar EMP’s etc etc

They all get ready to ‘bug out’ for when the event happens and practice ’bugging out’ to a safe location.

I've decided that my California is the ultimate ‘bug out vehicle’ as it’s always ready to go.

So a bit of fun (I hope :Nailbiting)...

Are you a Prepper and where would you head to in your van if society started to collapse?

What items would you pack in your ‘Bug Out Cali’ to help you survive the apocalypse?

Last edited:
The weather has turned so I’ve been searching for things to watch on Netflix. Has anyone seen Ultimate Preppers? It’s not meant to be a comedy but it’s hilarious. Each episode follows an American ‘prepper’ and their plans for a major apocalyptic event. These range from economic collapse, disease outbreaks, solar EMP’s etc etc

They all get ready to ‘bug out’ for when the event happens and practice ’bugging out’ to a safe location.

I've decided that my California is the ultimate ‘bug out vehicle’ as it’s always ready to go.

Are you a Prepper and where would you head to in your van if society started to collapse?

What items would you pack in your ‘Bug Out Cali’ to help you survive the apocalypse?
Isn’t that the ultimate ‘what if game’? - you’ll never win! ;)

No I'm not but it's always best to head for high ground and park all Calis in a circle.

Must haves:
20191007_100452.jpg
20191007_100410.jpg

Oh, and a roof mounted M134 GAU-17 six barrelled Gatling Gun. Someone's bound to make a move for my wine gums.

Last edited:

No I'm not but it's always best to head for high ground and park all Calis in a circle.

Must haves:
View attachment 51249
View attachment 51250

Oh, and a roof mounted M134 GAU-17 six barrelled Gatling Gun. Someones bound to make a move for my wine gums.
I’d be happy to have Marmite wiped out in the apocalypse :sorry

Marmite is about the only substance that would survive the apocalypse. Have you ever tried destroying the stuff - it just is not possible. I found a jar at the back of my mum’s cupboard priced at 0/9D!
It makes damn good glue. Ever tried unscrewing the lid when its been left with Marmite on the thread!

The weather has turned so I’ve been searching for things to watch on Netflix. Has anyone seen Ultimate Preppers? It’s not meant to be a comedy but it’s hilarious. Each episode follows an American ‘prepper’ and their plans for a major apocalyptic event. These range from economic collapse, disease outbreaks, solar EMP’s etc etc

Omg! I love it! I’m a zombie genre nutcase, so of course I have a plan! I’d head north to the Lakes. Like everyone else probably. But I’m rather cynical about the whole thing. I’ve watched too many movies to know that we’d be dragged from our California by thieves who want to benefit from having such a great vehicle. So don’t really see the point in planning.

Can’t say I’m prepped. But I think I’ll enjoy this Netflix series.

Omg! I love it! I’m a zombie genre nutcase, so of course I have a plan! I’d head north to the Lakes. Like everyone else probably. But I’m rather cynical about the whole thing. I’ve watched too many movies to know that we’d be dragged from our California by thieves who want to benefit from having such a great vehicle. So don’t really see the point in planning.

Can’t say I’m prepped. But I think I’ll enjoy this Netflix series.
We are also watching the latest series of Fear The Walking Dead ... I’ll maybe start keeping a hatchet in my van. Perhaps if all of us Cali Preppers have a specific bug out location in the lakes we will have safety in numbers?! The thieves can have @Borris ’s marmite though. I draw the line at that. :talktothehand

if anyone sees an Acapulco Blue Ocean with Mad Max style modifications ... you’ll Know I’ve lost the plot with my prepping:help

Hmm- remember Tim from Doomsday preppers?

That’s the one. TV that shouldn’t make you laugh but with the ridiculous gun laws they have over there I couldn’t help myself!

That’s the one. TV that shouldn’t make you laugh but with the ridiculous gun laws they have over there I couldn’t help myself!

How these people are allowed to run around with live firearms- near their children- I have no idea!!

We are also watching the latest series of Fear The Walking Dead ... I’ll maybe start keeping a hatchet in my van. Perhaps if all of us Cali Preppers have a specific bug out location in the lakes we will have safety in numbers?! The thieves can have @Borris ’s marmite though. I draw the line at that. :talktothehand

if anyone sees an Acapulco Blue Ocean with Mad Max style modifications ... you’ll Know I’ve lost the plot with my prepping:help

That’s a good shout. Safety in numbers. We wouldn’t have much fuel left up there anyway. So not sure anyone would steal them. But they may damage the vehicles in spite. Sorry to be so dark. I have very little faith in humans.

Must haves:
View attachment 51249
View attachment 51250

Oh, and a roof mounted M134 GAU-17 six barrelled Gatling Gun. Someone's bound to make a move for my wine gums.
Top priority.

20221020_141354.jpg

Five things preppers should never do.

Tell/show people what they have
tell people where you are going to hide
Buy in bulk and attract attention
Paint your vehicle in matt green and covered in stickers that could identify the person or their address
Wander around in camouflage clothing

Five things preppers should never do.

Tell/show people what they have
tell people where you are going to hide
Buy in bulk and attract attention
Paint your vehicle in matt green and covered in stickers that could identify the person or their address
Wander around in camouflage clothing
Good advice.
I had to tell the wife I'm a prepper. She didn't believe me, she just thinks I'm strange...:rolleyes:
But I need to get these items in for when it goes to sh1t...:Iamsorry